1.2

it was a little past noon the next day when calum showed up to my apartment freezing cold and nervous.

"i can't take this northern weather," he sighed heavily as i let him into my warm living room.

"i know, kangaroo. you just have to bear with it for one more month. what are we doing today?"

"you'll find out," he grinned as he grabbed my hand and my jacket.

i threw the jacket on as i ran after the excited boy. he was going so fast that i barely made it into the elevator before the doors shut.

"now you're the one walking fast," i smiled up at him as my arms found their way around his waist.

"i'm trying to warm my legs up," he whispered into my hair before pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"soon you'll be going south where it's warmer."

"don't remind me," he groaned, "i don't want to leave so soon."

"you have a month," i reminded softly.

"it's not enough time. i really love what i do but you're really important to me now."

"your career is more important, calum. i'll come and go but you're always going to be a musician."

"don't say that," he whined, jutting his bottom lip out to form his famous pour.

"it sucks, i know," i murmured before standing on my toes to kiss his frown away, "now will you tell me where we're going?"

"nope."

✧ ☾✧

calum held his large hands over my eyes as he lead me somewhere. i honestly had no idea where we were going and was getting pretty annoyed with his secrecy.

"how do you not like surprises?" he asked, his lips brushing against my jaw.

"i just don't," i frowned.

"well, learn to love them because they're an amazing thing."

i rolled my eyes the best i could with his palms over my face.

it seemed like forever but he finally stopped walking and gently removed his hands. i had to blink to adjust to the newfound lighting but i gasped when i saw where we were.

"i had no idea you even knew what the guggenheim museum was!" i gasped excitedly, "it's my second favorite museum!"

"your mum told me about it," he smiled sheepishly, "she also said that you had been here a lot but i wanted to see what was so great about it. i figured you'd be the best person to show me around. i'm sorry it's nothing new and exciting."

i smiled adoringly up at him, "i couldn't care less about if it's new and exciting. i love this museum so much and it's so nice that you actually took me somewhere that i could spend hours in without getting bored."

"you're really happy with it?"

i leaned up to press my lips against his gently, "of course i am, calum. let's go look around."

he let me grab his hand so i could drag him throughout the circular building. i slowed down a little when i realized he was having trouble keeping up at me through the crowds of people around us. as i slowed down he forced me against his body so i didn't get carried away. i clung to his body that basically radiated heat as we walked through the first floor.

"what if we fall over the ledge?" he asked as he leaned over the wall.

"get back," i tugged his jacket sleeve until he was back against me.