Great, alone with Derek now. I turned to him and forced myself to smile. I couldn't look at him the same anymore. How am I supposed to stalk him knowing that he's attracted to me and wants to date me? It changes my whole perspective on him.

                He pushed the boxes of pizza towards me. Now I know why he cared so much about me. It's definitely not because I'm his step brother. I was glad in some way though. It's just depressing that I can't be with him. And he still hasn't said anything about me rejecting him.

               "So why can't we date?" He asked when I took a pizza in my mouth.

               Really? Does he read minds or what? I looked back to make sure that we were alone.

               "Derek..." I sighed. "I like you too, trust me, I ... like you so much. But our parents ... they're dating and it would feel so wrong if we did too."

               "So what?" He hissed softly. "We aren't real brothers or anything."

               "There's also the gay thing. I'm not out and I'm not ready to be. I'm very far inside the closet. I see Narnia in there."

               He laughed.

               "This is why I like you. You're just too cute—"

               I felt my cheeks heat up, all four of them.

               "—And I'm not out either but I would for you."

               I couldn't help but smile and blush. I looked down on the table to hide my face. No one has ever made me feel this way. Never in my years of living. Now I was stuck, there was that wall between us that kept us apart from each other, from being together. I just want to be a good son to my mom.

               "Kiss me." He said.

               My eyes bulged. "What?!"

               "Kiss...me." He repeated.

               "I'm not going to kiss you." I laughed.

               "If you don't then you don't like me and I'll move on." He threatened me. He's provoking me, the jerk! That's some time of abuse! Mentally right?

               "Derek come on. I'm still trying to process this and you want to move in so fast." I stuffed my mouth with pizza so I could stall. I needed things to say. This was just too awkward now that I knew he liked me. And I will be giving Nicole a talk. Because what she did was wrong! She still told him, she used her tongue, which you use to speak!

               "Maybe I'm afraid of losing you."

               "You barely know me."

               "Love at first sight baby." He winked.

               I bit my lip to stop myself from speaking, because I kind of agreed. It was love at first sight. That special moment when you see a person and your whole life sparks to life. I remember what I felt when I saw Derek for the first time. I knew that my life wasn't going to be the same anymore.

               I also remembered how Derek looked at me. God dammit, I was so blinded by my own insecurity that I didn't see the truth when it was right beneath me. Derek liked me the whole time. I was just too afraid to admit it.

               "Derek." I giggled. "I've fantasized about you and oh my God I just said that out loud. My point is, I never expected this and I do want you but I have to worry about my mom first."