Hello

This is a Peaky Blinders Fanfic. To give a brief description to everyone who is unfamiliar with the show...

~Peaky Blinders is a BBC series (thanks BrooklynsBaby108 )

~Its set in the past, during the aftermath of World War 1

~It takes place in Birmingham, England

~It focus on the Shelby family

~Thomas Shelby runs the Peaky Blinders gang

~Thomas has three brothers, two of which are: Arthur and John

~The gang is made up of family and close friends

(Aida and Finn are not in this story😁)

Don't worry I won't focus on the facts, I'll focus on the LOVE!❤️

Thanks, hope you enjoy this blast from the past!

*Shelby boys are picture (left to right: Arthur, John, Thomas)*

lol ok, let the story begin

~~~~~

Toni needed this job.

Toni and her mother moved down here from London because they had family here. Her uncle, Teddy, lived here in Birmingham, England. Her mom didn't talk much to her brother because of his gang affiliation.

Theodore Langely, Teddy for short, ran a high powered gang out here in Birmingham and Toni's mom, his sister, never wanted to be involved in that, being a devout Christian and all. Toni believed in what her mother believed in but they needed to pay the bills. So an arrangement was made were they would live in a small townhouse in Birmingham  and he would pay their rent for as long as they needed. He also had connections and got Toni a job as a bartender. It wasn't much but it was all they needed. It was only the two of them anyway.

Toni's dad died when she was a little girl. She only had vague memories of him but still had a feeling he had a great influence in her current confidence level and her love for her chocolate skin.

Growing up a sister in England had its downsides. But Toni learned to live with it and love it. She was a tough girl. Her skin eliminated her as a romantic choice for basically everyone outside of her race. There was just something about white Brit girls, Toni surmised. She didn't care all that much now, it affected her more when she was younger, when she even had time to think about guys. She had much too much to focus on now.

There were perks to a dull romantic life, though. Toni had a lot of time on her hands and absolutely no distractions. So she excelled in her schooling and got a scholarship for university. She studied mathematics as her major for two semesters before she had to dropout.

Her mother came down with a fatal form of cancer and Toni was failing her classes trying to be home all the time in order to take care of her. Toni lost her scholarship and all of their money went into medical bills.

And that's how they ended up here, in Birmingham.

"Mum, watch your step. It's steep right here." Toni said going up the steps to their townhouse. She would've supported her mom but her arms were full of their luggage. Toni decided to only take one trip because the taxi driver looked like he was the 'leave the meter running' kind of guy.

"Babe, I can walk perfectly fine, I only have cancer, my legs are not broken." She replied.  "Here, let me take some of those bags for you." She offered.