Chapter 23- Planning A.S.A.P

Chapter 23 Recap:

" Can we have our nikkah this week?' Zaid asked.

" My answer is......."

Azmina's P.O.V

'My answer is yes." I felt good getting that off my chest. I wonder how it will turn out to be.

Zaid looked so happy. A smile came to my lips. If he was happy then I am happy. " I need to go and tell our parents! Come on!" He says making me get up and run after him. Our mothers were sitting in kitchen sipping chai and munching on biscuits when we ran in.

" She said yes!" Zaid immediately says. Zaid's mom almost spits out her chai " Really?!" She says. When I nod, she grabs in a bone crushing hug. when she lets go she says " We need to start to start planning fast since we don't have much time."

After the chat we said we would have the engagement tomorrow, go dress shopping on Monday, the day after the engagement and in shaa allah have everything planned by Sunday, the day of the wedding.

We decided we would use the same venue the nikkah was planned for but instead use it for the wedding too since it was already reserved.

The next day....

I am so excited for the engagement! I bought a new dress. It was absolutely stunning. It was a white skirt. The top was black with gold detailing. It went to my knees.

I did my makeup and hair since it wasn't mixed. Once I was done someone knocked on the door. the door opened and Sarah, my mom, Zaid's mom, and Nadia walked in.

They all gasped and then said Mash'allah. " My son will have a gorgeous wife, not only on the outside but also on the inside." She said with a smile.

"Dang, Azmina never thought you were this good looking. Zaid will surely enjoy the nikkah." Nadia whispers with a wink.

A blush rose to my cheeks. I lowered my face so no one could see it but it failed. " Thinking about Zaid, Aren't you?" Sarah said.

Ya Allah, why are these friends so werid? "It's because we are so fabulous that you needed to be friends with us." Nadia says and flips her hijab. They can read my mind so easily. I can barley know what they want for lunch.

" It's time to go!" Zaid's mom says. My mom and Zaid's mom linked their arms with mine while Sarah and Nadia pick my dress from behind. The womens engagement was in our backyard since we couldn't get a venue fast enough.

We all walk down and into the backyard. The women all say Mash'allah. Once I sit down all the women come and take pictures. After a few years, which was really an hour and a half ( that's still pretty long though) we were done. Then people go on the dance floor and start dancing. It made me smile how everyone was dancing even the aunties. Nadia ran up to the stage and pulled on my arm to come at dance. " Come on let's dance!" she says.

ugh, i hate dancing in front of people. " NO. Look at the aunties they will probably write it in their book of haram things and gossip about it later." I tell her. She walks away. Alhumdiallah I don't have to dance. I thought I had but of course Nadia comes back with my mom. " Azmina, Get up and go on the dance floor." that was a command not a question. I groan and get up. I walk down to the dance floor.

Everyone makes a circle around me and start clapping. The song playing was "desi girl" from Dostana. Why this song out of all the songs on the playlist? My mom pushed me to dance.

I grab Nadia and Sarah to dance with me. We made up a dance to this years ago. I wonder if they still remember it. As we start dancing I see that they actually remember the song.

The camera women came and started filming us. Ugh, now I will have to look back at this.

Once we started dancing, I was happy. I kept laughing as Sarah was doing all the moves at all the wrong times. The next song came and I wanted to keep dancing, so I did.

The night went on and before I knew it I had to go to sleep. It was 2am and I had to wake up at 6am. I am going to be tired but I will still have a smile on my face for the whole week.

I look at all the pictures and video's Nadia took and sent to me. There was a video of us dancing. I looked like I ate something bad but it was so fun. There was a knock on my window.

I put on a one piece hijab and go to open the window. I was still wearing makeup and my dress. It had long sleeves and was modest.

I open the window to see Zaid. He was in a suit. I helped him get in. Once we really look at each other our jaws drop.

He looked so stunning in his suit. I couldn't imagine I was getting married to a man like this. I never thought a man like this would marry an average girl like me.

He took his eyes away from me after looking for no more than 10 seconds. "I... You..uh.." before he could go on I say "same goes for you"

He looked at the ground. "You look stunning. You look like a queen, my queen." he says, whispering the last part.

A smile came onto my face when he said that. "I love you" Zaid blurts out of nowhere.

I giggle as he puts his face into his hands in embarrassment. "I know. Remember you already told me." I giggle again thinking about it.

"I should leave. You are controlling me with your looks. I knew you were evil from the start." He says with a smirk.

"Well Mr. Popular remember you're the one who proposed to me. Sometimes you can really dumb" I shake my head, with a smirk on my face.

"Allah hafiz Ms. Goody-two-shoes" He says walking to the window. "Allah hafiz Mr.Bad-Boy." I wave goodbye as he leaves.

I jump onto my bed with butterflies in my stomach. "I am getting married to Mr.bad-boy" I think before going to sleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Picture of Azmina's dress on the side!

So we are #93 in spiritual! I checked it today for the first time. We might have been even higher but I don't know. Many will think that isn't much but Omg that is soo much to me. It's only been about 2 months. I thought it would take longer to get 1k reads. I honestly thought it would take 6 months before I reach 1k. Thanks to every reader. Love all of you so much!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love,
Minihalloves/Minhall