Chapter 5. What's Life Without a Little Risk?

Chapter 5.

Recap

I took my seat in the plane, which lucky for me, was next to a VERY hot guy in a suit.

“Hi, I’m Riley.” He beamed, holding out his hand.

“My names Allison, my friends call me Ally, well I guess you can call me Ally too, even though we just met and we’re not really friends yet, but you can still call me Ally.” I replied, the words tumbling out of my mouth. I took his outstretched hand and shook it. I blushed from my nervousness which was pretty embarrassing.

He laughed, and my god did that sound good, it was heavenly. “It’s an honour to meet you Ally.” He said still chuckling.

I had the feeling this was going to be a very interesting flight.

My instinct proved to be right. Riley turned out to be a very likeable guy. He was good-looking, had a good sense of humour, and was easy to get on with. Basically every girl’s dream guy.

I found out a lot of things about him, Riley Sanders, 19 years old, he worked at the court - explaining the suit.

I was really starting to like him; he’s a great guy and would make a great friend.

Too soon, the flight ended. We chatted the whole time, sometimes about the strangest things. His humour’s actually a lot like mine.

Before we headed our separate ways – I into a taxi and he into a long, black stretch-limo, his hand touched me lightly on the shoulder.

“Hey, Ally, umm… Could I get your number so we can meet up sometime?” He asked, a bit nervously.

I smiled and wrote my number on a piece of paper and gave it to him.

He beamed at me and walked away.

My phone beeped, telling me I had an incoming call. I didn’t recognise the number but I answered it anyway.

“Just checking you didn’t give me a fake number.” Riley said before I got the chance to say hello.

I laughed and climbed into the cab parked there waiting for me. We chatted for a while, but he eventually had to go.

It was a long drive from the airport to my new home. I yawned; I was actually really tired.

“Can you wake me up when we’re there?” I asked the driver.

He gave me a swift nod and I shifted into a comfortable position and drifted off to sleep.

~.~.~

“Miss Harper,” someone said, nudging my shoulder gently.

I groaned and rolled over. My neck was still from the angle it was on.

“Miss Harper, we’re arrived.” He repeated.

I woke up startled and saw my drivers face. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision a little bit.

I saw he’d already taken my bags and putting them in the dirt driveway. Wait, dirt driveway? That can’t be right; we’re staying in the city, not in the countryside.

“Sorry, but I think I’m at the wrong address.” I told the driver, confused.

He shook his head. “Mam, this is definitely the address I was given.”

Sure enough, Stevie came bounding out the door of the prehistoric house. Okay, I admit, it wasn’t prehistoric, but it was pretty old. But to be fair, it was in surprisingly good condition.