Roller Coaster // Lukas Podolski

Come on, it will be fun!" One of your friends exclaimed as all of you were staring at the roller coaster in front of you.

"The queue is long, why don't we go somewhere else?" You said, trying to hide the fact that you were scared of going on it.

"It's not that long, let's go."

During the twenty minutes you waited in the queue, you couldn't help but think about the drop. You like amusement parks and all but you have never gone on a roller coaster and especially not one this big.

And not only this was your first time but you were the unfortunate one to go alone, since you were a group of five. You got really upset that your friends just chose each other and left you all alone, those b*tches.

"Here sir, here's an empty seat."

Oh great.

Not only you had to go on your own, now a stranger was going to sit next to you, this was just amazing... not.

The man, who was in his early or middle twenties, didn't look scared. He actually was pretty excited. He turned to you and smiled, he would offer his hand but the harness was already over his shoulder, stopping him from fully extending his arm in your direction.

"Hi." He said softly, his smile never leaving his lips. It was then you finally took a good look at the stranger and your heart skipped a bit. "I'm Lukas, what's your name?"

"Uh, I'm Y/N." You muttered, trying not to stutter.

"Pretty name." He said.

Suddenly your nerves disappeared for an instance. You couldn't believe this. Lukas Podoslki was next to you, sitting on a roller coaster. Was this a dream? If only you could reach your other arm to pinch yourself.

But then your nerves returned when you felt like you started to move. Shit. You took deep breaths as you were taken up and up. You almost forgot a football legend was next to you. Almost.

You finally reached the top, where the car started to get slower and slower. You knew this was normal, you had seen it from the safety of the ground. The car always stops right before the drop, only about five seconds before continuing, this probably was to make you even more anxious and it was working.

You were sure at least fifteen seconds had passed, so, why weren't you moving? You just wanted this to be over with already.

A whole minute passed and nothing. You started to freak out, could this be happening to you? Or maybe it was only you who was feeling like more time was passing.

"The attraction has broken down, it will take us a few minutes to repair it." You heard a voice saying through an speaker somewhere close to you. "No need to panic!"

"Oh, great." You muttered under your breath, you had the worst of luck. Almost.

"Well, at least we have a great view." Lukas commented. You had completely forgotten about him.

"Yeah." You squealed.

Despite your nerves overwhelming you, you looked around and realized he was right. The view was spectacular, you could see the whole park.

"Yeah." You repeated, but this time in a normal tone. "It's amazing."

"So Y/N, what do you like to do?"

And that was it, that was the way you started a conversation and you almost forgot you were several feet from the ground. You even laughed a couple of times.

You even admitted you were completely terrified because this was your first time in something so high.

"Oh God, really?" He asked. "It must be awful for you to be stuck here, then."

You almost tell him he made it all several times better, but you caught yourself just in time.

"At least I have a great view." You said instead, remembering what he said earlier.

"Yeah." He agreed.

Lukas had offered to let you hold his hand on the way down once this was repaired, at first you declines his offer out of embarrassment, but this was Lukas freaking Podolski and you really needed to hold someone's hand so you ended up giving in.

You tried to hold hands but you barely reached the other's hands, so you only could grip his fingers and right when you did, the car moved and down you went.

You screamed the whole way and didn't notice how tightly you were gripping Lukas' finger but he either didn't notice or said nothing, he was too busy screaming as well but he was also smiling, like he really enjoyed these damned roller coaster.

By the time you had to get out, your legs were trembling and your head was spinning. Once Lukas was out as well, he helped to steady you.

"I'm fine." You muttered. "Thanks."

"So, that means you would go on this one with me as well?" He asked, pointing to another roller coaster, you looked at him in disbelief. "That one is not as high and not as fast, I promise."

You found yourself nodding but you were still felling a bit uneasy. You wouldn't have moved if Lukas hadn't grabbed your hand dragged you along.

__________________________________________________________________

Do you like roller coasters??

Which footballer player should I do next?

Please comment your thoughts! xx