Chapter One

Seika High, 12.01 PM…

"That idiot…"

Ayuzawa Misaki walked swiftly across school corridor. Her steps were loud, making attention to other students as she passed by. It became a usual sight when the demon president making such commotion; it ought to be something, perhaps she just caught delinquents and was about to punish them with school chores. Nobody knew that she made her way to class 3-1, where her biggest attention was put into. The door was rolled roughly and all students inside the class caught the commotion. Everyone was terrified with demon aura she set loose as if she had just killed someone. There was only one person who wasn't attracted to commotion the demon made.

Usui Takumi, sat innocently near window while was starring outside. He twirled a lollipop in his mouth and dazed, not too much care about the ruckus she did. Feeling upset that Takumi didn't pay attention to her, she walked briskly to his desk and hit it hard. He slowly turned his head, wondering who made such ear piercing sound.

He replied her fury with grin, a very big one.

"Ah, if it's not Pres. It's not usual you visit my class…" he mocked with his usual tone.

"USUI! Come with me now! I need to talk." she commanded. With waiting no reply from him, she turned and walked away. He understood and stood up, tailing her from behind. Misaki took Takumi to the rooftop which a very safe place to talk. They climbed the stairs without speaking to each other, while Takumi relaxed and kept twirling his lollipop. As they opened the door, big wind came to welcome them. She tidied up her hair so wouldn't mess up by winds. As she walked to the edge, Takumi bit his lollipop in one piece with such cracking sound.

"So… what is it Pres?" he asked. His question made her turned around. His charming looks she seized suddenly made her blush.

"It…" she stuttered, it wasn't feeling comfortable to talk with him about this matter. "It's about two months left before final exam. Everyone is preparing themselves and study hard. Most of them probably will go to college. Have you made your choice?"

"Choice?" he inquired. "You mean, what university would I choose?"

She nodded awkwardly. Takumi was left the question out and now was thinking his choice. She waited and waited, for his answer to come out. Takumi was plunged in thought and let out a 'uuh' voice.

Looking at his expression, she knew it. "So… you haven't?"

"I don't know, perhaps another wild guess like the first time I chose my high?" she somehow got upset about his answer, but his nonchalantly poker face giving her up.

"Just like I thought, you haven't." she tried to hold her pique and sighed. "Then… why don't you try State University? With your outstanding marks, I'm sure it won't be a problem for you."

"Well… not sure I'm going there." He looked leisurely to the vast sky behind her, uncertain with his future. "Then…"

He walked towards her, his gaze locked at her. "Have you made choice too?"

"I…" She startled at his question, didn't expect he would ask her back. He then slowly took steps. As he began to be closer at her, she took steps backward. "I have, through scholarship though…"

"Hee… where?"

She was cornered to the wall behind her and surprised. He stretched both of his arms to the wall and bent down, now their face only a couple centimeters away. He could see rosy facial expression on her face and widened amber eyes which averted away from his jade. "St… State University."

"So practically, you don't want to get separated from me?" He concluded.

"DON'T JUMP INTO THAT CONCLUSION!" she yelled in denial. "I just thought it'll be such a waste with such talent of yours if you don't continue to college…"

They suddenly went silent. She still couldn't look him in the eyes while Takumi stared closely to her eyes. Her heart beat furiously, she knew her face reddened with such proximity. A steady breathe came from him, she could hear it. But hers was so fast and unsteady. 'What the hell am I thinking? I don't have business to interfere his future and why do I care so much about him? Isn't that means I indirectly ask him to be in the same college as I am?' A train of thoughts struck her brain with many questions she didn't understand.

"Ayuzawa… You ask me to go to the same college with you?"

He shot her.

'CRAP!' she blew it.

Misaki exploded in embarrassment. Her face now filled with uncontrollable red. Looking at her expression, Takumi let out a chuckle. "As expected from Ayuzawa…"

"What are you laughing about, you perverted alien?"

"It's nothing." He smiled and knelt down. His hand grabbed hers as if a knight swore to his princess. "Then I shall go to State University with you, princess."

"You're just…" she gritted her teeth. She couldn't control herself anymore as shyness had a complete control of her. "Idiot…"

"You can't lie…" he stood up and played with her hair. She now looked onto his green orb eyes. "That you do care about me."

"Hmph…"

"I love you, Ayuzawa…"

"I… hate you."