Chapter 2

I run , Breathing heavily as I enter the gate

"Mom what's going on ?"I manage to ask between drawing in greedy breaths of air bending from my waist ,Hands on my knees

May be I Shouldn't have been so lazy in the gym class 

Mom doesn't answer neither does she stop as she steadily keeps moving more and more deeper  into this old , abandoned place covered with wild plants.

I have no idea what  is going on with her.

I'm all for  exploring new places and stuff but it somehow it  doesn't feel  safe to be here , I'll be more than happy to pass up on the chance of exploring this place.

But mom seems to be too eager , Because she doesn't stop despite me calling  her out to do so.

 Sighing I straighten up  ready to go and  get her when I hear a giggle from behind me.

Startled I whirl around to see two little children near the gate laughing.

Where did they come from?

I did not see them when I came inside .

Their laughter stops almost abruptly  as they both cock their heads to a side and look at me with  big , Curious eyes.

One of the Kid's eyes drops to my wrist watch which shines under the glare of sun.

But the kids are utterly still as they look at me , Not even blinking .

It seems unnatural ,They seem unnatural .

The hair at the back of my neck stand and I have a totally new level of desperation to get my mother out of this place.

Silently , I turn away from those creepy kids feeling  unease creep up my body to know that I have my back to them now .Never In my life before had I wanted to have a third eye at the back of my neck as much as I wanted at that moment.

You are being paranoid ,Those are just kids I scold myself

With my gut screaming at me to get out of this place I do the complete opposite , Because my mom is no where in sight and I'm sure she had gone further inside this damn building

I don't run , I walk neither too fast nor too slow, 

Ok , A little more on the faster side may be . But don't run least those creepy kids decide to follow me.

The place inside is so dark I can barely see anything though I hear the crumbling and squashing  of leaves under my feet as I walk . 

Thin rays of sun light which have sneaked in from cracks on the top make few things dimly  visible. None of them are pleasant.

I see thick dust , Huge cobwebs filled with dead bodies of insects dangling from them , Lizards crawling on the walls .

This place is giving me major case of creeps.

Abruptly the darkness ends giving way to a wide  , Unobstructed opening .

The sun shines bright on the mud covered , dirty ground and the plants.

Creepers grow over the broken grey pillars

Despite the sun too many shadows still linger near the edges of the opening and  cover numerous pillars  with their darkness

I suppress a shudder , Something here doesn't feel right . The feeling of forebode that  I started feeling right from the moment I  took a step inside these gates  intensifies.