Friend, Please.

~Josh~

I've known about Tylers mental illnesses ever since we first met. He's always been jumpy and he gets very sad very easily. 

Today was one of those days that Tyler was especially upset. I didn't know what happened this time, but he hadn't come out of his room all day. Every time I tried to go check on him, the door would be locked and he'd tell me he's fine from the other side of the locked door. 

This is the fifth time I've checked on him today. But this time, there wasn't an answer.

"Tyler? You okay?" 

No answer. 

"Ty?"

My voice getting shaky, scared of what might be happening behind the closed door.

"Tyler, please unlock the door.."

He'd never done this before, he'd always answer me. I began to panic, my hands started trembling and my heartbeat rose to and unhealthy beat.

"Tyler open the frickin door!"

I started pounding at the door, tears welling up in my eyes. I rammed at the door, desperate to get it open. 

the door swung open, the frame now broken. 

I run in to see a dark room and an empty bed. A little light coming from the crack of the door leading to the bathroom. I quickly run over to the door, slamming it open to see Tyler sat on the floor, his head in his hands, hearing his violent sobs i walk over to him, slowly as not to scare him. 

"Ty, what's wrong? Please talk to me Ty.."

"I'm nothing, Josh.. I'm nothing.." Tyler said mumbling into his hands.

"That's not true Tyler." I said placing my hand gently on his back as I sit next to him.

"You're amazing, Ty. I've never met someone as kind and astonishing as you."

"Josh, please don't-" He started to say, quickly being cut off by me hugging him.

"Friend, please, remove your hands from over your eyes for me.." I said silently into his shoulder.

He looked over at me, his eyes red and still swelling with tears. i cupped his cheek with my hand and spoke gently to him.

"I know you want to leave, but friend, please, don't take your life away from me."

He leaned closer, our foreheads now touching. He closed his eyes taking a deep breath in before slowly letting it out. 

I placed my hand on the back of his head, pulling him closer so now he rested on my collarbones.

"Tyler, I love you. I have nothing else left to say, but I'll listen to you all day."

He looked up at me, one single tear streaming down his face, "You will?"

"Yes, I will" I said softly, placing my lips on his forehead.

"Thank you, Josh.. I love you" He said. I could feel a slight smile in his voice. 

"I love you too, Ty."