six: the curse

'I Woke Up Today And Felt Gayer Than Usual' a book by me

______________________

There has been a few hours since Luke arrived the castle, he hasn't said anything since then. There were lots of snow outside since winter is coming and the storm is passing throught here again. He layed in the big bed, hugging a pillow and crying - even though he already stopped. He wanted to scream and cry, he wanted to go back to his normal life or just know if Ben was okay. He got up from the bed and walked to the mirror just to see his face. His eyes and cheeks were red from crying and he wishes he just had Backster with him but he dropped the little thing on his way.

He walked to the windows just to see the view. It was a big garden, everything was white now because of the snow. There were some wolves in the other side of the wall separating the castle from the woods and a few birds. He sat on the pillows next to hit and sighed, this is what he is going to do for his whole life. Luke let his eyes run through the room and saw papers under the bed so he walked to them and picked up. It was an not-so-old writing- like 14 years maybe - , the only thing the first page had written was 'The Cursed Beast'. He hummed thoughtfuly, curious about what it was. The blue eyed boy put the first page beside him on the bed and started reading.

Once upon a time, in a farway land, a young prince lived on a big happy castle with his maids. His parents were always out, dying when the boy was fourteen years old. Even though the boy had everything he desired he was still selfish, disrespectful and unkind. He treated everyone badly claiming that he was in high society so he didn't have to treat them like equals, like they were also important.

It went like that through the years until the boy turned seventeen years old. He was tall, elegant and handsome - but he was still selfish, disrespectful and unkind. In that winter night there was a knock on the door, the boy opened the castle's door and it was a poor old lady, looking for a place to stay the night. She offered him two white roses in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Disgusted by her horrendous appearence, the prince told her to go away and never come back. The elder warned him to not judge a person by the appearence, because the real beauty is inside. The prince told her to go away again and her uglyness was melted, she turned to a beautiful echanted witch.

The prince fell on his knees, begging numerous apologies and offering her a room on the big house. The witch shook her head, it was too late, she already saw there was no love or kindness on his heart - it was cold like snow. As a punishment she turned him into an horrible beast and placed a powerfull spell on the castle, including everyone who lived there.

Ashamed of his appearence, the prince isolated himself from the outside only having a magic mirror as a contact with the outside. The roses she offered were actually enchanted roses, which would bloom when he turned twenty-one years old.

To break the spell he had to learn how to love someone, and be loved by that person in return by the time the last petal fell. If not, the prince would stay a beast forever and the people who lived in the castle would be cursed.

By the time years passed he fell into despair and lost all hope. But tell me, how can someone love a beast?

Luke took a deep breath and stared at the paper. Is this what happened to Ashton? It's just a story. But it doesn't mean it can't be true, right? Right. He stared outside and everything was silent until he heard a knock on the door. The blonde boy quickly hid the papers in the same order and where they were, yelling 'come in!' right after.

''It's Mrs.Wilson, dear!'' Luke walks to the door and opens it, the teapot comes in a tea set and stops beside the bed ''I thought you could use some tea just to calm down you know? Be less stressed because of everything that is going on.''

''I... what?'' Luke smiles, amazed that he is talking to a walking tea set.

He stumbles and bumps into the wardrobe ''Oooh! Be careful!'' the wardrobe says and Luke falls on the floor, sitting on it ''Sorry, was I scary?''

''This can't be happening...''

''Oh, it is! That's why we are here.'' the wardrobe leans to Luke ''But i wasn't the one who told you this'' it winks making Luke laugh.

''I told you he was beautiful, didn't I momma?'' the small tea cup said as there was two cubes of sugar being thrown inside him. (note: this sounded so bad i'm sorry)

''Yes, you did Phil. Now, that will be enough.'' the small tea cup jumped to Luke who was watching curiously ''Don't spill!''

''Thank you.'' Luke smiles to them and takes a sip of the tea.

There was a silence for a few seconds until Mrs.Wilson spoke ''That was a very brave thing you did.''

''We really admire you.'' The wardrobe said and Luke blushed, smiling right after.

''I couldn't just leave my brother here, he is going to change the world one day.''

''How so?''

''Ben is an inventor. He can make a miracle out of a clock and that's really impressive, his creativity has no limits!'' Luke sighs, looking at the floor sadly ''Even though I saved my brother I'm still sad. I lost my dreams, my life and everything I had.''

''Don't worry, in the end everything will be alright. It always is.'' Mrs.Wilson says ''Oh, look at me! Talking and talking when there is a dinner to cook! Come on Phil.''

They jump away ''Byee!'' Phil says before disappearing through the door.

Luke chuckles and lays down on the bed, starting to fall asleep in seconds.

___________

this was the smallest chapter of the book until now okay don't hit me pls i beg u

bye

-ana.