Casting call

Tyler Perry has just finished writing his new play "why did I get married?" Now he is looking for the right people to play his characters. Instantly Cheryl Pepsii pops into his mind and he calls her. And From there the two worked out the rest of the cast. Tyler told Cheryl that she was in charge Of finding someone to play her bestfriend that she was comfortable with so that they would have good chemistry in the play. And he would cover everything else. Now it was time to call the first rehearsal. They were starting the play tour off in New York City. So the cast ended up including Cheryl Pepsii Playing Shelia, LaVan Davis as Poppy, Donna Stewart as Diana, Cordell Moore as Mike, Greg Stewart as Terry, Demetria McKinney as Trina, and Tony Grant as Troy. Now Cheryl had already known and worked with most of the cast, but she had never met Tony Grant so it would be their first time working together.

Cheryl's P.O.V.

I was feeling so blessed after receiving a call from my long time friend Tyler Perry. He had offered me a role in his next play and of course I said yes! I love working with Tyler he is such an inspiration. He is in the process of building up his name. So I know that I have to give him a great performance. He gave me the script about a 3 days ago to study because he is on a tight schedule and wants to get the play out on DVD, ASAP.
So from the looks of the script I will be playing a middle aged married woman named Shelia, who is having problems in her marriage and gains a lot of weight as a result. Although the story reveals that Shelia's husband is cheating with one of her closest friends. Which causes the divorce of the two. Then the story jumps to a year later and in this year, Shelia got her divorce, got herself a new job, loss the extra weight and got a NEW man. Well, really she just realized how much she really felt for her old high school friend who has always loved her.
I guess this will be a little bit of a challenge for me because my actual husband's name is Mike and I have to wear a fat suit in the beginning of the play. And I have never really worked with Tony Grant, who will be playing my longterm buddy from high school, that will become my new husband. So this will be a change to. "Oh Shoot" I say to myself out loud realizing that I need to head over to rehearsal.
Which is at the king theatre here in Brooklyn.
When I Arrived just about everyone was there, except for a few band members.
"Cheryl!" I look over to see tyler walking over to me. "Hey Tyler" I say as I embrace him in a hug. "I'm so glad that you decided to do this for me." He says with a smile. "Now you know I would do anything for you, and plus your the giving me the job." I say. "Yeah i know that and you are right, now come on we gotta get started, follow me" he said as he grabbed my hand and started walking towards the rehearsal room. When we got there everyone was reading their scripts, then Tyler cleared his throat and spoke "Hello everyone I would like to introduce a woman who needs no introduction and most of you should know, Ms.Cheryl Pepsii Riley!" He then pulls me in front of him and everyone applaud for me. "Thank you Tyler for that super introduction, but that was unnecessary" I chuckled a little. "Hi everyone" I say taking a seat in one of the chairs. "Ok everyone most of you have worked with me before so you know I give you, your script early so we can jump right in so let's go through a line reading. No movement or singing, yet just reading over your lines but all together, so I can get a feel for what is needed where and when" Tyler says stepping into the middle of the chair circle opening his script to follow along.
After about a hour and half of reading lines we took a break for water and snacks. Thank God because I was getting hungry. I walked over to the table to get some grapes and pinapples, when LaVan Davis Walked over to me and said "Save some for me too" with a chuckle, to mess with me. Now me and LaVan go way back. "Like you were actually gonna eat the fruit, you just wanna put it on your plate to make it look like your eating when really your just gonna get a piece of cake" I giggle LaVan smirked and said "how did you know " "how long have I known you now?" I ask "Yeah your right, your right" he said "I know I am" I say laughing, walking not really paying attention, which causes me to walk into someone, and drop some grapes. "Ohh I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going" I say, bending down to pick up the grapes. Then I feel a hand on me arm pulling me back up "No it's my bad, and I'll pick them up" I look up and see Tony Grant standing there. "No you don't have to do that" I say " No I insist, if I'm gonna play your husband I have to treat you like a queen, so why not start now?" He says "Awwe that's so sweet, but you don't have to" I say semi blushing. "Yeah I do, it helps me to get into chartacter" He said as he bend down to pick up the grapes on the floor. "Well I thank you" I say not really know what else to say. "No problem" Tony says walking away to the trash can. "Ok everyone it's time to come back and run through again" Tyler Says.
We did run throughs again, but this time with emotions in our voices for a few more hours then Tyler said that tomorrow we would really act it out and he would have some props for us to use.
So I headed home for the day to relax and chill with my real hubby.