"For me too. As someone who has had his heart broken, it's also a big scary deal. Let me tell you a secret though," Jax leaned forward until Dani could feel the tickle of his minty breath against her cheek. "Even if your heart hurts and feels like it's broken...it's not. So don't be afraid because one day someone will come into your life and make it beat a little bit faster. A little bit louder. Do you believe me?"

Dani didn't know what to say. Jax reached for her hand and placed it on his chest, "Do you feel that? It's proof that I'm telling the truth."

"What about Vivian? You said you loved her."

"I did. Past tense. I'm not going to keep living in the past, Dani. I told you I need to catch my brother but it's not just because of Vivian. It's because of me too. How can I be happy and live with myself knowing that I looked the other way? I feel bad because I couldn't protect her but that doesn't mean I still love her. Not the way that you think. Can you accept that?"

Dani played with the hem of her apron for a few minutes before answering, "I think so. Honestly, I'm still kind of worried but I'm going to trust my gut on this one."

"Not your gut but your heart," Jax corrected. Dani felt his hands move up her arms and settle around her shoulders.

His lips fell onto hers in a long and lazy kiss. When he finally lifted his head, Dani giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm surprised you kissed me. I was so sure you'd wait until a group of people started chanting 'kiss kiss kiss' or something before you made another move."

Jax was stunned. He thought back to their first night at Majestic Waters when he first told Dani how he felt. She had gotten hurt after and claimed not to remember, "You remember?"

"Actually, I never forgot. Things got a little too real a little too fast for me. I took a walk and I'm sure someone must've knocked me out and moved me to the lake. Maybe it was Genevive since I was too close to the cabin Tammy was in."

"How could you lie to me? Do you know how worried I was?"

"I'm sorry but I panicked," Dani tentatively placed her hands around Jax's waist. "Do you forgive me?"

"How can I say no when you're all over me?" Jax huffed.

Dani pretended to be offended and tried removing her arms, only to have Jax hold them in place, "I didn't say I didn't like it."

"I'm still wearing your engagement ring," Dani reminded him.

"I know. Let's keep it on you for a bit."

"Why? We're not really engaged."

Jax kissed her temple, "Think of it as a couple's ring."

"A what?"

"I don't know...some countries do that. A boyfriend and girlfriend exchange rings. Just wear it. I want you to wear it."

"Why?"

"So that I know you're mine."

Dani made a gagging sound, "You're making me sound like a dog with a collar. I refuse-"

"Fine, then it's a reminder of your acceptance."

"What?"

Jax mumbled something about losing his man-card before saying, "It's not just that you're my girlfriend. Every time I see this ring, it'll remind me that despite all of your fears, you accepted me. Me and my feelings. I really want you to wear it. Please?"

Before Dani could answer, Jax kissed her.

"Hey you two lovebirds," Dolores interrupted. "It's time for Dani to get back inside."

Dani blushed as she passed Dolores who said, "Not dating, huh?"

Jax laughed as he walked back to his car. He knew he had to find his brother if he wanted to let go of the past. The problem was figuring out where to start. Like Jax, his brother was wealthy. He had been travelling all over the world and could be anywhere. Jax sighed before noticing something behind the windshield wiper of his vehicle.

"What's this?" Jax pulled the picture out from beneath the wiper and frowned. It was a picture of him when he was younger. Next to him was his younger brother. Jax turned the photo around and read the message.

Hello brother. Did you miss me?

-----------------------------
==================
-----------------------------

A/N:  We're done with the 2nd story of the Dream Trilogy. This was a "just write it" project so I apologize if it felt rushed (because it was). :P In 29 days this story has officially come to an end. I want to thank everyone for reading...especially you readers that always commented and voted with each new chapter I posted. You guys were the ones motivating me to keep updating so frequently to get me through this challenge.*Hugs you all super tight*