Chapter fifteen A Little Man in a Big Man's World

Chapter fifteen

A Little Man in a Big Man’s World

I woke to the general lifting me off the couch. A blanket was wrapped around me.

“What should I tell the guest,” said the woman from before. “They came to meet you.”

“I said hello already. Just tell them my pet isn’t well, and I need to take him home.” He started for the door.

“But General-”

“I’m not in the mood to argue. I’m leaving. I gave you an excuse. Use it, if you want, if not come up with your own or tell them the truth. It really doesn’t matter to me.” He carried me out of the room and down the hall.

I relaxed in his arms. I was still upset and didn’t have the energy to fight. The general would just get mad and yell at me. He took me to the car and maneuvered us inside. Laying me on the seat across from him, he took his usual spot  He let out a sigh as the car started to move.

My head was throbbing, so I clasped my forehead.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I muttered.

“Don’t lie Reggy. What’s wrong?”

I rolled over. “I’m fine.”

“Raja,” he breathed. “Knock it off, and tell me.”

I pulled the blanket around me. “No.” So I might have been acting like a spoiled brat, but I really didn’t care. 

“Come here.”

“No,” I muttered. “I’m mad at you.”

“Stop being difficult.” Tobias grabbed my arm and dragged me over to him. He positioned me, so I was straddling him and sunk down in his seat. 

I was still mad and didn’t really want to be near him, but fighting right now with my head pounding wasn’t really an option. After fixing the blanket around me, he started to rub my back. I shifted and let my head rest on his shoulder.

“You’re still upset.”

I groaned and turned my face away from him. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

“Fair enough. Does you head hurt?”

“A little bit,” I said into his shoulder.

He sat me up and dug into a side compartment in the car. “Here.” Taking the lid off a bottle, he held it up to my nose. “Breath in deep.”

“What is it?”

“It’ll make you feel better.” 

I took a deep breath in through my nose and felt a fresh scent spread through my head. Tobias put it away and pressed my head back to his chest. With time, my headache left, and I could finally get some rest. 

***

A new slave, that I guess had been trained to do hair, was helping Nina “tame” mine. I couldn’t help how I slept. If they had left it short it wouldn’t have mattered. She was fairly normal, excepted for the tail. From what I understood she was a shapeshifter. He could turn into some small furry creature of some sort.

Tobias walked into the bathroom and tossed one of those computer screens on the counter. “Are you serious?”

Nina walked over and picked it up. “Oh Tobias,” she gave him a smile. “You do have a heart.” She patted the general cheek before setting down the panel and going to clean up the bathroom with the slave girl and Demon.