28

"Finally." Was my first words when I woke up Monday in the morning.

We're finally going home. By the way, it's 6 am. I still have 2 hours before I get to my dorm and go to my class. I immediately went to the bathroom, the house was silent and it seems like I was the first one to wake up.

Cold water poured in my body, me slightly gasping in process. After a minute, I got used to the temperature. I'm too excited to go home, it's like I was gone for a year, well, I miss my friends so much. Especially Ashton.

It's still funny to think that after all that happened since we were young turned out to be like be. Turns out we're gonna fall inlove with each other.

Everything from the past is a blur, I can't even remember what happend and how we got into this. A few flashbacks from childhood shows in my brain though like a slideshow, it makes me laugh to think how stupid we were.

"April, are you done?" I heard my mom knock on the door.

"Shit," I cursed. I've been thinking a lot I should finish this now.

-----

"You look like you really want to go home now." Kimberly stated and I looked at her.

We are now just waiting for everyone to finish and we'll go in 30 minutes or something.

"I'm just so awkward and I just want to go home, you know? And I miss my friends and Ashton." I said without thinking, letting the words roll out of my mouth and I widened my eyes.

"Who's Ashton?" She asked with a small, but teasing smile.

"Shh," I chuckled. "Don't tell mom." I widened my eyes.

"No, you can trust me." She laughed. "So, who's this Ashton?"

"He's my childhood enemy, he bullied me since gradeschool to highschool." I started my story. "Yeah, he hated each other's guts. Then college, things started to change. We got friends right after something that I already forgot." I said then laughed. Kimberly chuckled slightly covering her mouth as she do so.

"Yeah, so we're friends, but I don't know he has feelings for me, ever simce we were kids." I continued, my voice slowly fading as I say the last words, suddenly getting shy. "And I'm an idiot to realize sooner that I've been falling for him too." I nodded, finishing my story.

"Awh, that's so sweet. So, you're together now?" She asked excitedly and I slwly shook my head. "Oh, you two might be sooner." She grinned.

"I hope so." I bit my lip, looking at the floor.

"I just realized this is the first time we actually talked like we're friends." She smiled.

"Yeah." I agreed, realizing that this indeed is the first time we had a long talk. Usually when we talk it just goes by 'hi' 'hello' 'how are you' 'fine, you?' 'same' you know, conversations like those.

"God, finally." I sighed as I saw my aunts and mom come down the stairs.

"So, this is it. You're going to see them again." Kimberly winked at me and I 'shh'ed and she just laughed.

"Goodbye, Kim." I smiled, waving.

"Goodbye, April." She grinned, copying my actions.

We went outside the vacation house to the parking lot and we went on our cars, going home finally.

I can't wait.