Chapter [8] Diner Buddy

Start from the beginning

It was Friday morning and I heard my alarm on my phone go off.

5:20 am

"I'll just close my eyes for five more minutes and then I'll get up." I thought to myself.

So I laid back down and pull the covers near my head. And before I knew it I was in a deep sleep.

I woke up and checked my phone. I shot up from my bed. It was almost noon. I can't believe I slept for six more hours.

Welp.

It was too late for me to try to go to school. Half the day was over anyways. I got up and went into my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. After all of that I just put on a grey hoodie and a pair of jeans. I put my hair into a bun and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and there was nothing I could make for breakfast. I leaned over my kitchen island tapping my phone for the nearest place to eat. When I found a diner that wasn't far, I went upstairs and put on some shoes and cane back down. I got in my car and drove off.

When I got to the small diner, I walked in and it was a bit crowded. There were a few seats still open on the front counter. I didn't want to sit all the way near the restrooms so I walked towards the center.

"Is anyone sitting here?" I asked the guy.

"No." He said.

When I sat on the circular seat and got my things together, I looked at the guy next to me. "Skylor?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He looked at me with a straight face. "Chase isn't here." He gulped his drink.

"Thanks, but I actually came for the food." I tapped my fingers on the counter patiently.

"Hi can I take your order?" The waitress approached me with her pen and pad.

"Yes hi, I would like the blueberry pancakes with an orange juice please." I replied.

She nodded. "Gotcha."

I turned back to Skylor. "So why aren't you in school?"

"Why aren't you?" He didn't look at me.

I shrugged. "Overslept. Your turn."

"Just didn't want to." He sat his cup down.

I didn't know how to reply to that so I acted like I was doing something on my phone for a couple of minutes. I sat my phone down on the counter and waited for my food to come.

"Why'd you kiss Chase?" Skylor bluntly asked.

I awkwardly cleared my throat. "Huh?"

"I don't think I stuttered." He still wasn't looking at me.

"Sassy." I retorted.

He looked at me then back at his cup. He looked like he wanted to say something but I didn't really care anymore so I just told him. I exhaled. "If you really want to know. It was because I was dared to kiss him." I sounded like such a twelve year old. Wow

"I don't think your boyfriend would have liked that." He said.

"Who, Brett?"

He gave a short nod.

"Well considering him and Bonnie are practically together. I'll have to get back to you on that." I turned to check and see if my food was almost done.

"Oh."

The waitress came back and placed my food on the counter. "Here you go." I thanked her.

"I think Chase likes you." Skylor blurted out.