She Loved Him~5

A/N: This takes place in The Last Olympian. Annabeth and Percy aren't dating. Sorry if some things are wrong in this. I read TLO like 2 months ago and I don't remember much.

It had been the same routine for the past hour: slash, duck, hit, kill. There were dead monsters and a few dead demigods scattered on the ground. The young teenagers kept killing the enemies, getting hurt in the process. Soon, all of the monsters were dead. The demigods started cheering but stopped when someone screamed out in pain.

Percy knew he had heard that scream before. He turned his head in the direction of it and he was right. It was Annabeth. She had an arrow with poison on it stuck right where her heart was. Percy ran to her as she fell to the ground. He sat down beside her and put her head in his lap.

"Annabeth, please, please don't leave me. You're my best friend." He said quietly while brushing her hair with his hand.

"I have to, Percy. I-I'm sorry." She replied, using all of her strength to.
By now all of the demigods had gathered around them.

"N-no, I need you. I need you to tell me when I doing something wrong. I need you to remind me to clean my cabin. But most importantly, I need you because you're my best friend." He said with a shaky voice.

"Percy, I'm going to die soon. I can feel poison going through my body."

"You'll be okay! You will! You're not going to die on me!"

"Thank you for being there for me, Perce. I really, really love you. More than you probably think."
Her eyes started closing.

"I love you too, Wise Girl." But it was too late. She was already gone.

=====================

When they all got back to camp, the first thing they did was burn Annabeth's shroud. Percy was the first one to talk about her.

"I am not a son of Athena but I do know that only being alive for 16 years, is not enough. Annabeth should have had years of more laughs, conversations, etcetera. I remember when I first met her when we were 12 and the first thing she said to me was, "You drool in your sleep." I thought she was insane and she probably thought the same of me, too. As years went on we started to get closer and closer. We became best friends. Annabeth was kind of a role model to me. I wished I was as smart as her. I wished I was as determined as her. In my eyes, she didn't have a fatal flaw. She was absolutely perfect. And I loved her. Actually, I still do." Percy had tears in his eyes half way through.

He stepped off the rock he was standing on that was in front of the fire which would burn Annabeth's shroud. Usually, Chiron would be the one to put the shroud in the fire. But this time, Chiron asked Percy if he wanted to do it. He agreed to do it and stood up off the log with the shroud in his hands. Carefully, he placed the shroud down into the fire where it went up in flames.

Percy was surprised his tears didn't put it out.