Not So Bad (Chapter Two)

Beginne am Anfang

"I really can't thank you enough. You saved my life Seth. I'm sorry, you probably have somewhere else you need to be. I'm sorry I've been so much trouble."

"You don't have to apologize for anything. It's not your fault. Yes, I did have somewhere to go, but don't worry about it. I'll take care of that later. Somethings are just more important."

He looked right at her when he said this. She smiled and her heart pounded in her chest.

"If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me. I'm just sorry I couldn't have got there sooner. I'm just sorry that guy got away with your car. Didn't you say you had all of your stuff in your car?"

"Yeah except my phone. I had that in my pocket. That's all I have."

"So yeah, Olivia if there is anyone that should apologize it should be me. I'm sorry you lost all of your stuff."

He was beating himself up over this. Olivia didn't want to hear him apologize to her.

"Please... don't apologize anymore. Don't beat yourself up over this. The main thing is you were there when it mattered. I'm still alive and I'm so thankful to you for that."

Even though she was laying in a hospital bed with marks on her face and her neck he still thought she was beautiful and he wanted to know more about her. He wanted to help her in any way that he could.

"So Olivia... If you don't mind me asking... Why was all of your stuff in your car anyway?"

Olivia frowned at this. She didn't really want to tell him about her personal life. She didn't want to make him feel even more sorry for her.

"It's kind of a personal matter, but I was running away. I wanted to try to start a new life, but it's kind of a personal matter right now. I don't really want to talk about it right now."

"Oh... I probably shouldn't have asked you about your personal life. Call me crazy if you want, but I kind of wanted to know more about you. I didn't want our first encounter to be our last encounter."

"I know what you mean. I didn't really expect to ever see you again, but I'm glad you're here."

"So if the police don't find the guy that took your car I'll help you. Well... you know what I'll help you anyway."

Olivia couldn't believe what she was hearing. No one has ever really cared about her this much.

"Seth please... Stop feeling sorry for me. I can't let you do that for me. You've done so much for me already."

"This isn't something I have to do. This is something I want to do. Also if I ever see that guy again I'll teach him a lesson he won't forget. You don't ever ever hit a woman."

Olivia didn't know what else to say or what else to do. She really didn't want Seth to do anything else for her. She was sure that he was just feeling sorry for her. She felt guilty.

"I see that look in your eyes Olivia, stop feeling bad about this. I bet you've been wondering what you're going to do after you get out of the hospital. I know this may seem weird since we've only just met and all, but please... come with me Olivia. As weird as it may sound... since I saved you, I don't want anything to happen to you. I know you may feel weird or scared about this, but I promise nothing will happen to you as long as I'm around and I promise I won't do anything to hurt you."

Olivia felt like in a way she could trust him. After all he did save her life earlier that same night. She didn't know what else she was going to do. She didn't really have any friends or family that could help her. She was on her own. Part of her mind told her not to trust him right away because from her last relationship she learned that first impressions weren't enough. She wasn't sure if she should believe him when he said he wouldn't hurt her. He was kind of a muscular guy and with her being so small, it wouldn't take much for him to hurt her. Seth could see that she was thinking about this and he wasn't sure if she would give him a chance.

"I know... it's a lot to think about. Going with someone you just met isn't always the best decision. Sometimes first impressions aren't good enough to gain people's trust. I'd like to help you, but I can't make you come with me. That's up to you. Maybe just give me one chance?"

The look in his eyes and the smile on his face was the sweetest smile she's ever seen. She was sure that guys like this only existed in books or movies, guys that were always so sweet and treated a girl like a princess. Finally she smiled and agreed.

"Ok, one chance... I'll go with you, I'll give you one chance."

"Deal... If I mess up you can go do your own thing."

They shake hands and made a deal. That feeling returned. It was that same feeling they had when they first shook hands when they met. Now Olivia was the curious one wanting to know more about Seth.

"So Seth, why don't you tell me something about yourself."

"I promise I will at some point, but it's getting late. You should get some rest, it will help you feel better."

She agreed. Seth found a chair and got as comfortable as he could. Olivia fell asleep, but Seth had her on his mind. He thought it would be best to tell her about himself once they're out of the hospital. There was more to her than meets the eye. There was something that she wasn't telling him like some dark, mysterious secret. He knew it wasn't any of his business, but he wanted to know more about her. He didn't know how long he would be with her, but he was determined to spend as much time with her as he could and find out what was wrong. The moment he walked in the door he saw her crying. He was glad when the tears went away and he made her smile, he would do anything to see that smile. She did tell him that she was running away. What he wanted to know was what was she running away from? She was a very reserved person, how was he supposed to help her if she wouldn't open up to him? She had agreed to come with him so he thought maybe he could get little bits and pieces of information out of her once they get to know each other better.

(To be continued. Comments?)