its time to open the presents!

"Papa! Daddy is making waffles!" Satsuki screamed in enthusiasm while I was screaming in my head for a different reason.

Well he is almost perfect except the cooking and the washing and the house hold chores kind of things but, other than that he is one in a billion.

I darted to the kitchen and saw that Kaoru had managed to make the batter okay but, I could see that he was making burned pancakes and I only watched him.

I like that he tries but, I hate it when he fails and I still have to clean up the huge mess afterwards because if I let Kaoru do it he will either burn the house down or mix some chemicals together and make a lethal bomb.

Kaoru served the pancakes and I made some fluffy pancakes myself and put them on the table and made some scrambled eggs and ham.

Once the table was set Kaoru and I sat down and Satsuki stared at the pancakes and she served herself and I was surprised when she took one of my pancakes and one of Kaoru's.

"I didn know daddy cooks!" she exclaimed and i had to admit that Kaoru looked quite smug right then until Satsuki took a bite of his pancake and his face fell.

She looked like she sucked on a bitter lemon and said,"Daddy don't cook anymore."

I wanted to burst out laughing but, I caught the miserable look on Kaoru's face and resisted the awful temptation.

Satsuki patted Kaoru's hand and said,"Daddy okay? No burned?"

He nodded that he was okay and She smiled and at my pancakes and ham while Kaoru sulked and I ate.

A loud knock sounded at our door and I arose and answered it and I saw that my father was there and he held several boxes with smaller boxes inside with colorful christmas wrapping.

Did he go out to buy presents? I wondered and opened the door and he let himself in and he placed the boxes under the tree.

"May I use your bathroom?" He asked and I noticed that he carried a black trashbag with him and I caught sight of a white beard inside.

I nodded and he ran to the bathroom and he burst out ten minutes later all gauded up as Santa Claus and even though the costume was expected of him Satsuki's reaction wasn't.

"It's santa Claus! Papa get cookies Papa!" She got out of her chair with lightning speed and embraced my father and I saw his eyes twinkle.

"HO ho ho! I hear that a good little girl lives here? Do you know a good little girl Satsuki?" He asked and deepened his voice to appear to be Santa.

"I'm good girl Santa. I live here Santa!" She screamed wanting to get into santas lap and tell him what she wants for christmas.

He sat on our couch and Satsuki climbed into his lap and began to rattle off what she wanted for christmas and it warmed my heart that my father would actually do this for her.

Kaoru put his hand on my shoulder and smiled and said,"She looks happy."'

I nodded and My father laughed and pulled out a present from the tree and handed it to her and she laughed and ripped the wrapping off and hugged Santas leg and screamed,"It's a barbie doll. It's a barbie doll."

I smiled and wondered how long it took for him to look for the gifts.

I will have to thank him for this later and I was surprised when he came up to me and handed me a blue box with pretty pink bows.

I cocked my eyebrows at him and he mouthed,"It's for you."

I slowly undid the wrapping and before long I had a domo doll in my hands and I found it cute and I gave a small laugh.

He looked sad,"You don't like it?"

I shook my head and hugged the toy and hugged my father and said,"Thank you. I like it very much it was very nice of you to get me something."

He swelled up like a frog and gave Satsuki another box and she was less shy about opening this one gift and she waved the Gucci childrens boots and said,"Boots! I like them!"

It's interesting to watch how my father is getting out of his weary old business man persona and into his Grandfather persona.

He was a whole other person a better person who didn't seem to have a care in the whole world and his whole world was us.

He handed Kaoru a box and Kaoru cautiously opened it and pulled out a pair of mittens and he coughed and said,"Thank you."

I could tell by the tense lines on Kaoru's face that he disliked the present but, My father didn't notice and I wasn't in a big hurry to tell him.

He gave me another box and I opened it and this time I pulled out a pair of brass knuckles and I stared at my father.

He mouthed,"It's to make sure your always safe."

I nodded and slipped the knuckles into my pocket and Kaoru stared at me and I mouthed,"It's a thoughtful gift."

Kaoru shrugged though I know that he wasn't happy that I was given a weapon though it was obvious that he wanted to feel like my protecter.

I sat down and then asked Kaoru to heat the Hot chocolate up in the microwave.

===============================================================================

Updating early in case I am unable to do it later.

Thank you for reading my stories so far and please continue to do so and I would like to thank all my fans for being fans and all my readers to keep on reading and writing.

If you have any questions feel free to go to the chat bar below to ask the questions yourself or just leave a comment and I will get back to you on that.

Thank you

-Forbiddenlover