"Hang in there; this will take at least an hour and a half." Leo says, concentrating on the black lines he's applying to my tan skin.

All I can think is one simple word: Fuck.

***

"Alright, Zayn. It's all done!" Leo announces, wiping my arm with a white towel before stepping away from me. I sit up in the chair and walk over to the mirror placed on my wall, looking at the new tattoo on my skin.

"Holy shit, Leo, this is amazing!" I'm smiling ear-to-ear at the beautiful art; it looked so badass and gave me a bad boy demeanor, but at the same time it was fun and colorful. It was everything I expected and more.

"Seriously, mate, you outdid yourself!" I inspected it on my skin more, my smile never dying down. Leo chuckled as I pulled him in for a hug. "Thanks man, I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it!" I beamed, smiling even wider. It was like this new confidence and maturity was pumping through me and I felt like I could go out and do whatever the hell I wanted.

"I have to admit, it does look pretty wicked." He observed the ink, admiring his work. "Let's get this thing covered up and get a bite to eat, what do you say?"

"Cool!" I almost giggled, I was so giddy getting this new tattoo that it was turning me from 'Bad Boy Zayn' to 'Giggly 12-year old Zayn'. I shook my head and laughed at my internal thoughts.

After Leo put the salve on my arm and coved it up with saran wrap, we walked up to the front so I could pay before we left.

"Since you're family, you get a 50% discount." Leo smiled and typed something on the computer that sat behind the counter. This is why he was my favorite cousin; he was such a generous lad that always put people before himself and was never greedy.

"Really? Thanks Lilo!" I smiled before reaching in my pocket and taking out the right amount of money, watching as his eyes narrowed and arms crossed. Leo hated it when anyone used his childhood nickname, I remember when I was thirteen he almost broke my leg because I called him Lilo. I don't know why, but he hated it with a burning passion.

"Do you want that discount or not?" he asked, voice firm and low. I just chuckled at his serious attitude, it was so much fun to mess with him.

"Yes! Yes I do!" I said in between fits of laughter, after a few seconds I could see the corners of his mouth go up and a slight chuckle escape his mouth. Soon enough, we were both laughing harder than we should.

"You're such a dick." He laughed, shaking his head and taking the money out of my palm, putting it into the cash register and closing it. He was about to come around the counter so we could leave, but he did a double take at something on the counter, muttering a curse word under his breath and analyzing it.

"What's the matter?" I asked, leaning over the counter to see what he was looking at.

"I forgot that I have another appointment scheduled in a few minutes, it totally slipped my mind. Maybe we could just catch up later?" he said, looking up at me with apologetic eyes.

"I don't mind staying while they get tattooed." I shrugged my shoulders and looked up at the clock. It was only a few minutes to three, and I didn't need to be home until 6:30, so there was really no rush in leaving.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be responsible for you getting in trouble for not being home on time or something." He looked back down at the -what I assumed to be- scheduling book, and back up to me.

"I don't have to be home for another three and half hours, I'm not supposed to be anywhere either." I reassured. He nodded his head and smiled, opening his mouth to say something but instead being interrupted by the bell on the door jingling. I turned around and was met by the eyes of the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen; I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat.