Chapter 23 : Teddy bear

Eve's POV

Once on the bus, I was greeted by the unenthusiastic face of the driver. His sweat patches were visible under his arms and his greasy hair messed up. The groan he gave in response for me asking for a ticket told me he didn't want to be here. His body odour and chubbiness could only be compared to the likes of naughty boy, who I really didn't want to think about.

After receiving my ticket I began making my way to a seat nearer the back. I saw that I was one of only six passengers on the bus and took in those around me.

A teen boy sat at the front of the bus, his head nodding to the beat of the music blasting through his head phones. On the other side an elderly women staring out of the window. The wrinkles on her face visible as she gave me a warm smile as I passed. Behind her a women with beautiful eyes sat in her burka rummaging through her handbag. And lastly two girls who sniggered as  I took the seat beside them.

The glares from the girls continued through out the whole of the bus journey. Constant stares being thrown my way and loud whispering every time i looked up. The words 'Zayn' and 'baby' could be heard through out their convosation and quite frankly, I began to feel very uncomfortable.

Eventually my stop came and I stepped off the bus to be faced with a small homely looking building. Pregnant women were scattered around, talking and chatting to each other.

Quickly I scurried inside, pushing open the front door and making my way to the assigned room.

I sat silently on one of the cushioned seats watching as the room around me filled with middle aged pregnant ladies. Everyone around me seemed to have a partner with them except me which just made me think of Zayn more and more. Realising I needed him right now.

Swiftly i pulled out my phone and dialled his number before putting the phone to my ear.

"Sorry I can't take your call right now, please leave a message. *beep*"

"Zayn I really want you here, yes I was annoyed but please come down to the class. I'm the only one without a partner here." I mumbled into the phone before putting it back into my pocket.

-----------------------------------------------

Zayn's POV

"Thank god we are finished." I sighed sitting on the floor looking around me, feeling proud.

"I know, she will love it." Niall smiled placing his paintbrush into the paint pot and joining me on the floor.

"Thank you so much for helping, and you Katie." I turned to smile at Katie as she came back into the room after washing her hands.

"It's okay, it was fun, it looks amazing." She laughed taking a seat next to Niall. He kissed her forehead as she giggled before whispering into his ear and running off out the room.

He smiled happily, I have never seen him so happy. It made me feel as if I wanted something like that.

I wanted someone to make me happy, someone to have a laugh with and spend the rest of my life with. But right now the only girl in my life was Eve, she was having our baby in only a few months time and I had no time for dating. Even when I'm out and I see pretty girls, I always think 'they are not as beautiful as Eve' or 'they don't compare to Eve.'

It always seemed to lead back to her in someway.

"What you thinking bro?" Niall spoke, interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Just stuff."

"About Eve?" He asked giving me a small reassuring smile and raising his eyebrow, "she does love you back ya know."

"What?" I asked.

"You two, it's obvious you like each other." He smirked. But before I could say something back Katie burst back into the room holding a huge teddy bear.

It was so big I couldn't even see her, only her feet popping out the bottom.

"Surprise." Katie cheerfully shouted from behind the teddy bear.

"I love it." I laughed hysterically, "and so will Eve and the baby."

"I know that's why I brought it." She answered seriously, placing the teddy on the light coloured wooden floor in the corner of the room.

It matched the room perfectly, it made everything fit together. I looked around again just to make sure everything was okay. It was a neutral room, simple yet cute, with a miniature chandelier light on the ceiling and a small crib up the wall. Beige curtains draping either side of the crib and a matching chair. A chest of draws and now the big teddy bear. The walls at the top were white but the rest was a brown colour and the light beaming in from behind the blinds made the room look absolutely  amazing.

"Eve should love the surprises." Katie grinned clapped her hands together, "the room, the teddy bear, everything."

"Hopefully, she was a little mad at me yesterday after I said I couldn't go to the baby class with her." I gave a weak smile wondering if I had messed everything up.

"She will forgive you after all this. You've done so much, it's great." Niall said.

"Hopefully it's enough, I really love her and the baby."

--------------------

Hi! I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated again! But here it is! I'd like to thank my best friend for helping me write this chapter (she knows who she is ) 😉