Chapter 30

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know
That you belong here
No one to call
Everybody to fear
Your tragic fate is looking so clear
Ooh it's your fucking nightmare
Nightmare ~ Avenged Sevenfold

I was sleeping, laying there on the couch, Matt holding my hand. I was relaxed and comfortable, well that was until the doorbell woke me up.
"I'll get it." Matt said softly.
I looked at him and nodded. I didn't feel like moving, my arm was hurting and I was really half asleep.
I closed my eye's, listening to him walk to the door and unlocking it.
"Seeing as though you couldn't come to the party, we brought the party to you."
I opened my eye's. Tess. What the fuck was she doing here, at my house?
Suddenly she appeared, with Brian and a few people I'd never seen before in my life, pizza and beer.
"Oh geez." She said looking at me. "Aren't you a fucking mess."
I just looked at her, what could I say? Fuck off you slut seemed a little rude.
"Um what are you doing here?" Matt asked. He looked as shocked as me.
"We've come to see you. Here." Tess said shoving a beer into his hand. "Drink up big boy."
I struggled and sat up, I was still to shocked to speak.
"Are you okay?" Brian asked, sitting next to me.
I looked at him and nodded.
"Beer?" He offered, holding one out.
"Yeah." Matt said, snatching it away. "Probably not a good idea considering the meds she's taken."
"My bad." Brian smirked.
"Plates Penny." Tess said indicating to the pizza.
I stood up, I was going to get a fucking name badge made up for that dumb bitch.
I walked into the kitchen, grabbing some plates.
"God I'm so sorry." Matt said.
I turned around, he was standing behind me.
I shrugged. "It's okay." But it really wasn't.
"I don't know why they're here." He told me.
"Well obviously Tess wanted to see you."
He looked at me strangely. "I guess."
I handed him the plates. "Take these."
"Yeah." He mumbled, grabbing them and walking out.
I stood there, I didn't want these people in my house, I just wanted to sleep.
"He's so sweet." Tess said walking in.
"Huh?"
"Matt, what he's doing, it's so sweet but a little sad." She told me, opening my cupboards.
"I guess."
"I mean looking after you, trying to make ammends I guess."
"Oh." I had no idea what she was talking about.
"I think he's doing for you what he couldn't do for Tiffany." She said, grabbing some glasses.
"Okay, I'm lost."
"Oh sorry." She said turning to me. "Tiffany, people think she died instantly, but she didn't, she was alive for about four hours and Matt couldn't get to her." She wiped at her face. Fake tears?
"Oh."
"Yeah so I think he's helping you to make up for what he couldn't do for Tiff."
"My car accident really wasn't that bad."
"Oh I know, but if it makes him feel better, I'm just saying it's unhealthy and you probably shouldn't encourage him." She turned and walked out.
I stood there, was she saying that Matt was only doing this to make himself feel better? It made sense, it really did.
I walked back into the living room and looked at them all sitting there, talking.
"I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I kind of want to go to bed." I said to them all.
"Oh my god, of course." Tess said smiling. "Come on, we can go to Matt's."
They all stood up.
"I'll stay." Matt said and Tess looked at me, raising her eyebrows.
"No it's fine, go, I just want to sleep."
"I'll stay." He said.
"No you go, I'll be fine, I mean it's only my wrist." And my heart, but I didn't mention that.
"I'll call you later." He said softly to me as he was leaving.
I smiled nodding.
He could call me later, but I wouldn't answer.