|13| S-T-O-P With The O-M-Gs

Are we living in a world where we only communicate by text message language?

No.

Do we read books where they communicate by text?

No. Well...unless it's a fan fiction.

When writing, you have to think about what you would say in a certain situation.

I highly doubt that you say OMG that many times when you're talking. But then again, I guess I could be wrong.

I realize that we want to shorten things, and take shortcuts when writing, so text language is a good way to do that. But, it's better to write out the whole thing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to read a book that looks like:

"OMG, can we plz talk?"

"IDK. Y do u want 2 talk?"

"Becuz u didn't txt me back last nite. IDEK y, but it kind of hurt my feelings."

Now maybe some people like reading this, but I do not.

It could be because I don't even text like that, but even if I did, it would still bother me.

Here's my take on it. If you want people to take your books seriously, don't play around.

The same goes with LOL. There is never, ever a reason a person should be saying "laugh out loud" to someone in a story, unless it is in a joking matter. And even then, it's still kinda pointless.

Would it kill you to put "I laughed"?

To Suck

Using text language. I understand that people get shocked, but please just type out "oh my gosh" instead of "OMG". For some reason, reading OMG just makes me feel like I'm reading a story about Mean Girls.
Don't ask.

Not To Suck

Let us not be Karen, Gretchen, or Regina George.
Let us be elegant in the most elegant way possible with our writing, and touch the elegant souls of others with our elegant elegancy.
I'm kidding around with all my elegant wording, but I'm serious.
To put it simple and non-elegantly?
Just write like a published author would...professional.