Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and for my new fans, thanks you guys! I appreciate it. I'm glad you liked the last chapter, it was my first so it made me nervous. I'll try to make my uploads longer but I'm not promising anything.

I hope you guys like this chapter. The drama will be starting soon.

Riley's POV

I was standing in the parking lot by my car with Schyler and the guys. We were all waiting for Ayden and Xavier to get here. I was surprised when Ayden said he wouldn't need a ride to school last night. I wondered how he'd get here cause I knew his mom would be working so she couldn't give him a ride. I wasn't in the best of moods this morning because Schyler and I had a fight after the game. I think she was too friendly towards Brayden and I know he likes her. I'm not blind, I see the way he looks at her.

I'm not going to lie, I don't think Schyler is the one for me. I love her but I'm not in love with her. At least I'm not anyway. Lately I can't stop thinking about Ayden. It frustrates me that I can't figure out who his 'mystery guy' is. Also, I can't help but get annoyed when everyone talks about this guy. I'll never admit this to anyone but I also get a bit jealous. I've always though Ayden liked me. I'm straight but it was flattering. Ayden is a good looking guy, actually he's hot. Wait, did I just think another guy is hot?!?

I was beginning to freak out. Am I bi? Gay? Maybe I'm just curious. Yes, that must be it. But maybe not, I'm not attracted to any guys except Ayden. I still think girls are hot but not as much as Ayden.

I finally stopped zoning out when I noticed Xavier pull in with a passenger. I didn't know he gave anyone a ride. I saw Ayden step out of the passenger seat which confused me. Why did Ayden come with Xavier? They walked around to the front of the car when Xavier grabbed Ayden and kissed him. Ayden wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

I heard all our friends gasp and we all stared. They walked over when Schyler squealed.

"OH MY GOD! Has Xavier been your mystery guy all along?" she asked Ayden.

Ayden smiled sheepishly, "Yes. He asked me out after the game last night and I couldn't say no. We were nervous about what you guys would think."

I was shocked but my anger was overwhelming. Pissed, I picked up my backpack and walked away. While I was walking away, I could feel two sets of eyes on me. I glanced back and saw Ayden and Xavier watching. Ayden looked confused while Xavier looked smug.

Ayden's POV

 I was nervous when we arrived at school. I felt weird about lying to all my friends with this fake relationship. But if it could help me win over Riley, I was pretty much willing to do anything.

"I'm warning you so you don't freak out, but when we get out of the car...I'm going to kiss you. Is that OK?" Xavier asked nervously with a slight smile on his face. I think he was looking forward to this, more so than I.

"I guess. I mean, it would make us look more official as a couple. Are you sure this is going to work? I don't like lying to our friends. Plus, I haven't talked to Brayden yet. What if he thinks I'm just trying to cover it up and ruins our plan?" I began to rant. I was freaking out.

Xavier grabbed my hand, "Relax Ayden. It will all work out. We'll pull Brayden aside before class and talk to him. I'm sure he'll go along with this. Plus, if we get Riley to go after you then that mean Schyler will be free to go after him. Now, lets go." Xavier smiled reassuringly at me. It made me feel a lot better.

So, we climbed out of the car and met at the front. He pulled me to him and kissed me. I still wasn't  expecting it even though he warned me. Surprisingly, the kiss didn't feel wrong. There were no fireworks but it definitely felt good. I could kiss him all day and not feel wrong with it. I then wrapped my fingers in his hair, I didn't want to stop kissing him but he pulled away with a smile on his face. We then began to walk over to our group, hand in hand when we heard a shriek. I looked up to see Schyler with a huge grin on her face. It made me feel even worse that I was lying to her. She was my best friend and I knew she'd be upset if she found out. Shit, she'd be pissed and probably cut my balls off.