I loved you forever in lifetimes before...

I found him where I thought he would be – sitting in our swing at the playground. Well, technically, it's not really ours, our neighborhood, the town owns it. And although our parents still lives here, in the very same homes we both grew up in, we have both moved out, living in our own homes, coming back to visit when we can.

But this playground is where we met when we were kids; it's where we've spent hundreds of hours playing, getting to know each other, growing up. It's where we became friends.

He sat alone on the swing with only the street lamp and the moon as his light. I know he's upset. I know he's in pain but what I didn't know was he loved me.

All these years.

He was in love with me.

And I?

I was clueless.

"Marie, have you seen or spoke to Zach lately?" I called one of our friends on the phone because I could no longer concentrate with work.

"Me? Why ask me, who's the best friend here?"

I sighed, rubbing my forehead in frustration. "I haven't seen him since we came back from the Napa last Sunday."

"Did you call him?"

"And texted him," I nodded. "And tweeted him and messaged him in Facebook and even Instagram. I swear people would think I'm his stalker!"

I heard Marie sigh. "I don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen him since Sunday. Have you asked Ethan?"

Ethan was part of our friend group, Marie's boyfriend. "Yes. And he's being cryptic. It's weird," I complained. "Can you ask him?"

"Sure but what did he say?"

"He said that Zach is trying to sort things out."

"Well, the man did just break up with his girlfriend. Isn't that why we had an impromptu weekend in Napa? Maybe he's sorting that out and needs time alone."

"But it's been four days! I don't remember not talking with him this long. I mean not even a text? I'm really, really worried."

"Did you guys argued or something?"

I shook my head. "You were with us in Napa. There wasn't any fight."

"Hah! Now that you mention it, the two of you seemed to be connected at the hip that weekend. What's up with that, chica? If we didn't know any better, I swear, you guys we're giving out the we're-a-couple vibe."

"Stop! Don't even..." I warned with a frown. "Hello! The reason for the trip was because he broke up with Odette, right? So shut up about that vibe you are talking about!"

"Just saying," Marie said, clicking her tongue. "BFF."

"Yes. BFF. And right now, this BFF feels like he's avoiding me."

"Tori, Zach is going through a break-up, so let him be. I bet he'll call you by the end of the day. So don't worry."

I let out a sigh once more. "I sure hope so."

__________________________________________________________ 

"Zach what's going on? I'm not even going to ask you if you were avoiding me because obviously you are."

Finally, seven days later I was able to track him down, going to where he worked, and waited, like a stalker.