Picking Teams

Everyone stayed away from me. Well, everyone except Percy. Even Annabeth couldn't stand to be near me right now.

"Look, Olive-" She had looked towards her feet as she backed away from me. "-it really doesn't have anything to do with you-" She stuttered a little. "I-It's your blood, and I can't get on Zeus's bad side-especially now that the world is breaking out into World War Three. Y-You, you know that you are a forbidden...creature-right?" Her face contorted a little, trying to get me to understand.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean t-"

Annabeth shook her head and began to back away from me slowly-keeping her distance. "I'm sorry-you are just too dangerous for my reputation-the blood of Athena runs through me and it is telling me not to trust you because of your past." She quickly walked away towards Athena's cabin and I stood there a little dumbfounded as rain began to pelt down from the sky.

Anger shot through me. "Well then you are stupid! A stupid daughter of Athena!" I cursed at her and rubbed my arms, fighting against the sudden cold chills in the air. I could not believe that she was kicking me out.

Annabeth didn't respond, she only threw my things out of the cabin and stuck her head out the little window with a mournful look. "Hey, I'm sorry. But this doesn't change anything between us-we are still friends, and I can't wait until our mission starts."

"Whatever." I muttered and grabbed my things, sticking my nose in the air. "See ya around."

"Oli-it is not like that." Annabeth called to me as I walked away. "You were going to be moved out into a different cabin anyway! Just because I am cautious of Hell Hounds coming into the cabin while I sleep-it doesn't change anything-honest."

"Whatever!" I yelled behind me and kept walking, the dirt beneath my feet was slowly churning into mud and seeping into my shoes. I needed to find shelter, but the only nearest cabin to Athena's was Ares-I would rather have had the Hell Hound tear my eyes out then stay there-and the Lake.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. Poseidon's cabin was not that far either. And Percy owed me for saving his life-right? I grinned, despite the cold and shouldered my stuff so it would not weigh me down as much as I jogged to the Water boy's cabin.

When I finally was banging on the front door, the rain was coming down hard-Zeus was probably pissed about the infidelity of Poseidon and the betrayal of Artemis. Even though I was furious with Annabeth, she had a point. I was a target when it came to vicious creatures.

"Er..." Percy's tired voice called out behind the wooden door. "Who is it?"

"Your bestest friend in the whole, wide world. And she loves you like...a lot and would do anything for you if you would just open the door and let her in." I blurted out and shoved a grin on to my face.

"Anything?" Percy's voice cracked up with laughter and I pounded on the door, getting more and more soaked to the bone as he continued with the nonsense.

"Open the door you prick!"

The door quickly opened and Percy grinned at me, noticing my bags. "What? Annabeth kick you out?" He joked, but his smile slowly faded as he realized that he was right. "Oh. Sorry." He frowned a little, still not inviting me inside. "Why?"

"I don't really want to talk about it at the moment." I sighed and held up my bag. "Do you mind if I hash it out here tonight?"

Percy rubbed the back of his head nervously, his face tinted a little pink, but he nodded. "Uh...yeah sure. I've got an empty house, so people are welcome."

"Thanks." I lightly pushed my way past him and walked towards the part that held the beds, noticing that it was a lot warmer in here then I remembered it. I shivered a little and pulled off my sopping wet hoodie, it wasn't doing me any good.