Chapter Seven

(dan)

Phil and I walked to a room called "The Room of Requirement," which I had never heard of before. Apparently, Pj and Chris were a part of Dumbledore's Army last year, so they told us about it.

All the people who were working on the prank were gathered in the room. The people were mainly Gryfindors, but there were a few Ravenclaws. Phil was the only Hufflepuff and I was the only Slytherin.

"Okay so does anyone have any ideas?" Pj asked the crowd.

"Um, well-" A girl from Ravenclaw started, but was interrupted when a red headed Gryfindor walked in the room.

"Sorry I'm late," Ron Weasley said. "Hermione was trying to convince me that studying was more important than this."

"Where's Harry?" One of the Gryfindors called out.

"He's off doing something with Dumbledore," Ron replied.

"Anyway," Pj said again, turning to the Ravenclaw who was interrupted. "What we're you saying?"

"I was saying we could do something to the moving stairway. Y'know, stop it inbetween two points so that it lets off into thin air? It'd be great, no one would be able to leave for an hour or so!"

Everyone was quiet. It wasn't the best idea, but no one else could come up with anything, so that was what we decided to go with.

(phil)

I was sat at the Hufflepuff table eating my Shreddies, and being excited for the prank. Pj and Ron Weasley were put in charge putting a spell on the stairs to make them move differently than they normally did.

I made a distinct note in my head to avoid the stairs any time from 12:00 to 1:00.

I looked up and saw that Lily was looking at me like I was an alien. "What?" I asked her.

"You look like you know something," she replied.

I smirked. "Just don't use the stairs from twelve to one," I replied.

"Okay, whatever that means," she replied before looking over towards the Slytherin table. "Also, Dans been trying to get your attention for about ten minutes now. He kinda looks like a monkey."

I looked over towards where Dan was sitting and saw that he was in fact waving, trying to get my attention. When he saw that I had noticed him, he stood and walked out to the corridor. I followed.

"Hey, Lion," Dan said, pecking me on the cheek.

I blushed, "I'd say, 'Hello, Bear,' but Lily just called you a monkey and I personally think it suits you more."

"Oh, wow. Really? A monkey?"

"I'm just kidding," I chuckled.

He smiled, "Yea, I know. Hey! Remember to not use the stairs from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock, okay?"

"I know, Dan. I gotta go to class, see you!" I said as I gave him a goodbye hug.

(dan)

Herbology went by slower than I thought was possible. Slytherins were in class with Gryfindors, which always made the classes full of drama, but I was only thinking about the prank.

Well, the prank and Phil.

After this class, everyone would go to the Great Hall for lunch, but the people who used the stairs to get there would be trapped.

I was excited to see the outcome, but I was also looking forward to lunch, as I was quite hungry. I looked at the clock on the wall.
Fifteen more minutes.

I zoned out for the rest of the class, not caring enough to learn about the hazards of handling mandrakes without proper precautions.

When we were finally dismissed from class, I went to the stairwell to see where Phil was. I knew he had some class that would require the stairs so I always met him at the bottom of the stairs every day.

When I finally spotted him talking to some girl from Hufflepuff, I rushed up the stairs and grabbed his hand.

He turned to me and smiled, then turned back to the girl and said, "If you need any more help in potions just ask!"

She nodded and walked away, but not before shooting a questioning look in the direction of our clasped hands.

"So how was.. Transfiguration?" I asked him.

He giggled, "Defense Against the Dark Arts, actually. And it was fine. Pretty boring actually." We walked down the stairs, but the people in front of us were walking inhumanly slow.

I groaned. All I wanted to do was get food.

Then the stairs started moving.

"Oh shi-" I started, but Phil cut me off.

"Dan, what time is it?" He asked, even though we both knew the answer.

"I'd assume it's 12 o'clock, Philly."

"Great," Phil said sarcastically. He sat on one of the stairs. "Might as well get comfortable, we'll be here for a while."

(phil)

Dan and I sat on the stairs for about thirty minutes before someone started complaining. "I heard a rumor that there would be a prank today," He said. "I wish I'd known it would be before lunch!" Everyone seemed to realize how hungry they were after she said this, and they started complaining too.

"You know, I do wish I had had a bigger breakfast," I heard Dan say from beside me.

I put my hand on his, "Don't worry. I'll get us food from the house elves."

Dan smiled thankfully at me.

I then heard the complaining stop, but it was replaced by murmurs. I had a feeling they were talking about Dan, who's hand was still clasped in mine, and me.

Dan shuffled uncomfortably, but he didn't move his hand. I was thankful for that.

(dan)

The stairs moved back to their original position a few minutes after people started complaining. Phil and I jumped up and made our way towards the kitchen.

We were three hallways from our destination when we heard laughing.

"We missed you at lunch!" Pj said, now walking on the left side of me.

"You two forgot about the prank, didn't you?" Chris said to the right of Phil.

I shrugged. "I was doing what a good boyfriend should and walked Phil down the stairs."

"Well, you walked me to the end of the stairs, we couldn't exactly leave them," Phil said.

"Whatever."

"So where are you to going?" Chris asked us.

"To the kitchen," Phil answered.

"He's got connections with the house elves. He can get cereal whenever," I explained.

Chris and Pj nodded.

"Well you might want to tell Lily you're okay, Phil," Pj said. "She was worried for you."

"I'll see her in potions," Phil said. "She can wait that long."

Phil got himself and me some Shreddies, which seemed to be his favorite. We said goodbye and walked to our classes.

I walked into Transfiguration and took my seat, when I noticed all eyes were on me. I was confused, but I didn't worry that much.

Professor McGonagle walked into the room and the lesson began.

Jake leaned up from his seat behind me and whispered, "So it's true? You're really dating a guy? And a Hufflepuff, no less! Wow, Howell, I'm ashamed."

I was shocked. Jake wasn't that good of a friend, but to hear him say that made me... a mix of embarrassed, sad, and angry.

I kept my head down, and took notes.

(Sorry that the update took so long! I was almost done, and then I accidentally deleted it all!)