45; Failed Attempts

"I'm not subtle when I want it baby...I might try to be, but we both know that never works out,"

Hazel's POV:

"Justin's like that," Sienna told me, crossing one leg over the other as she poked her fork into the takeaway bowl of Caesar salad, "He says crap he's not supposed to when he's angry then regrets it straight after,"

"He's impulsive when he's angry," I mumbled, poking at my own take away bowl of the matching salad to Sienna's, turning over a piece of chicken feeling my appetite come to a complete halt as we talked about the situation I was still trying to fix.

"Have you spoken to him since?" She asked me, sitting in the chair opposite my desk and I shook my head.

"It's been three days, his birthday is tomorrow and I don't know what to do," I said, puffing out a half-hearted breath before sinking down in my chair and looking at Sienna.

"Have you tried calling him?" She asked me and I nodded.

"It goes straight to voicemail which scares me because it only reminds me of the situation that happened with Trent," I said and she frowned.

"He wouldn't do that to you again Hazel," She told me and I groaned, putting my hands over my face.

"I know he wouldn't, I just wish he could talk to me about things when he's angry and not ignore me instead," I started, sighing into my hands before pulling them away from my face, "From his point of view I get that he might of thought that Mike was going to try something because he's been iffy with him since they met..." I paused, biting on the inside of my lip, "...but I'd never cheat on him,"

"He probably knows that and trusts you but doesn't trust Mike," Sienna said and I hummed, playing with my fingers.

"I was just helping him figure out how to use his washing machine," I mumbled in defeat, knowing right down deep into my bones that I'd never cheat on Justin.

"Hazel, that literally sounds like the start of a bad and very cliché porno," Sienna said and the sulky mood I was in was lifted when I laughed, a smile creeping up on my lips at her words, "I'm serious, Justin probably imagined something like that going on...Jacob does that when I'm around other guys, he thinks of the worst possible scenarios including sex and goes all alpha male," She said and I smiled softly, my hand lifting up to move my hair out my face which only left the charms of the bracelet Justin gifted me to touch my face.

It was that moment where I went back to my sulking mood, the realisation of knowing that Justin was mad at me and wasn't letting me try to fix the problem since he was ignoring my calls leaving me a little irritated but hurt at the same time.

"Your lettuce is going to go limp if you don't eat it," Sienna said, my train of thought stopping when I heard her voice.

"I lost my appetite," I said, moving the clear bowl away from me to place my elbows on the side of the desk, thinking to myself before Sienna spoke up again.

"Have you already got something for Justin's birthday?" Sienna asked me and I drawled out a kind of, "What do you mean kind of?" She said with a raised eyebrow, a small smile on her face.

"When we were on the way back from Italy to go to London I saw him looking at puppies that were up for adoption," I started, making an awkward face when Sienna gasped and said you didn't, "I did..."

"You got him a dog...?" She whispered harshly as if someone else was in the room and I pursed my lips to the side waiting to be scolded.

"I didn't know what else-"