My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

Glancing around , I made sure there were no humans in sight. Openly displaying our abilities could warrant a tribunal in the supernatural realm, because, as stated in the law, 'no supernatural being is allowed to use ones ability to the public'. It was absolute to the vampire world and more importantly to an Elder like myself. Seeing there were only a few stragglers, I made a final discreet sweep around the area and turned back to them speaking in a hush voice. "Alright, it would be easier for us if we flit all the way to the city. It's faster and unoticeable," I suggested.

Reagan frowned. "But I can't. I'm not a full Galerian yet," she said, pouting.

I smiled at her adorable look. "I'll be the one to carry you."

We all agreed, much to Luke's glowering gaze when I offered to carry her daughter. I scooped Reagan bridal style and we flitted to the city.

                                                           * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Oh," Reagan gasped. "my," she gasped again, "biscuits," she gulped and spoke again. "Next time let's do the human way, shall we? This flitting thing almost choked me to death!" she said as she continued to intake more air into her lungs.

I chuckled. I told her before hand to hold in her breath because flitting was like traveling at the speed of light. "I warned you, didn't I? But the stubborn girl in you just won't listen."

She huffed and mumbled a 'whatever' under her breath.

"I am going to put you down now," I said as I began to lower her down to the ground. When her feet touched the ground, she scurried to my side and looked around.

As far as our eyes could see, the city was obviously in ruins. It was a good thing there were only a few people on the site, since this was open to the public but still, we need to be careful to avoid speculation.

Searching the remnants of the said temple was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack, but we'll take our chances. Luke's friend said in order for us to recognize the temple, we should look for an emblem of the Alerians; a profile view of a woman's face - Sephrina. He wasn't very specific, but he assured us that we wouldn't miss it.

Why?

She looked remotely close to Reagan.

"So what now?" Reagan asked.

"We should all spread out, so that it will be easier for us," Luke suggested.

"That's a good idea." I agreed. With one final look at my love, I turned my back to her and darted to a different direction, not wasting time.

The city was elevated, over-looking the sea. The previous inhabitants were so lucky to have a view quite as remarkable as this. I darted from one ruin to another, searching for that particular emblem meticulously. As I approached the southeastern part of the place, my eyes zoomed in at a certain spot near the ridge. It was obviously in ruins, but there was a crumbling limestone table that stood out. I used my vision enhancer as my image of the table magnified 10 times its normal size.

A slow smirk appeared on my lips.

There, in the middle of the table, was the Alerian emblem. Without missing a beat, I sent a telephatic message to Luke.

'I found it.'

                                                      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *