Now, we're all walking around some mall called Lenox Square, each gender splitting up and going different directions.

"So, Alyssa, a little birdie told me that a certain someone is asking you out on a date tonight," Dahlia sings, our arms linked together. "Any idea what you're going to wear?"

"I was thinking about the black strapless dress you bought for me yesterday," I admit. "Thanks again for that, by the way, and my current outfit."

"No problem," she responds, adding, "I do what I can to help my friends out. I wish you were more my size than Jaz's, honestly." Dahlia has a petite figure, her hips really the only thing big about her, while Jazmyne and myself are more on the curvaceous side of the scale.

A group of guys passes us, one of them staring Dahlia and I down; Jazmyne is walking behind us, on the phone with Shiloh. The tallest guy of the group steps up to us.

"Wassup, ma?" he greets, looking Dahlia up and down. "Me and my boy was wantin' to know if you and ya girl was down to fuck? You both got fatties, if ya know what I'm saying."

Dahlia gives me a look of bewilderment, then looks back to the unnamed guy in front of us. "Sure, I'm down," she smiles at the guy. "What's your name, cutie?"

"Rome," he answers. "What about you, lil ma?"

Dahlia steps up to him. "My name is Simone." She places one hand in the center of his chest. "How old are you?"

"Shit, a nigga just turned twenty-one last week, but I been packin' since I was a young nigga," he winks, and Dahlia does what I least expect; she removes her arm from mine then grabs his crotch through his cargo shorts, her face masking into a look of anger and disapproval.

She begins to speak through clenched teeth. "Now, let's get something straight, okay? If you ever approach me and my girls on some disrespectful type shit like that again, you will regret it. We are women, not porn stars, so learn some fucking respect or else I'll get my boyfriend to teach you some, got it?"

"Y-Yeah," he stutters, his voice going up a few octaves.

Dahlia releases his crotch then links her arm with mine once more, and we begin walking off. She turns around and calls out, "Oh, and you not packin' much... if ya know what I'm sayin'."

Rome's friends guffaw as we continue walking away. Jazmyne is still on her phone, so she doesn't seem to care about our encounter.

"Do you do that often?" I question as the three of us walk into a shoe store.

"No, usually, Chandler deals with that, but since he's not here, I had to," she elaborates. "Sometimes, though, if it's just me and Chres, and someone steps up like that, he'll deal with it."

I look down, remembering what Dahlia told me about she and the twins. "Did you and Chres ever...?"

"Ew!" she proclaims. "No. Santo is like a big brother to me. After he found out what was going on behind closed doors with me and an ex, he took me in. That's how I met the twins, actually, well, Shiloh."

Jazmyne's head snaps up. "What about my baby's father?"

"Nothing, Jaz." Jazmyne glares at Dahlia, but she just brushes it off.