Chapter 1

"Don't worry, pal. I promise we'll talk on the phone a lot."

I hugged my dad tightly for the 50th time. I buried my face into his crisp shirt like a 5 year old on the first day of school. This would be the first time I would be gone from my dad for a year. For as long as I could remember, me and my dad were always together, especially since my mom died when I was 6.

"Dad, go I really need to go? I mean, we have a perfectly fine school here.." I grumbled, knowing that the answer would be the same.

My dad looked at me through his crystal blue eyes-that I did NOT inherit- and sighed, "I know you're not thrilled, but come on, Will! Going to this private school is a once in a lifetime opportunity! It's not like I'm sending you to prison!"

I rolled my eyes. "Dad, first of all, you've got to stop calling me Will. My name is Willow if you didn't know." I defiantly declared, crossing my arms.

"And second of all, I do not want go to a stupid school with a bunch of rich, stuck-up brats."

My dad patted my back. "Will, we've already discussed this. And it's too late to back out now. It's time to go."

I was about to remind my dad to stop calling me Will for the 50th time, but as I opened my mouth, a white limousine swooshed down the street and parked right in front of my house. I almost laughed at how out of place the limo looked in my small neighborhood.

"That should be your ride, Ms." My dad jokingly bowed.

I sighed. I couldn't believe I was actually going to that stupid school.

A few months ago, my dad entered me in a contest to win a scholarship for a "once in a lifetime opportunity" to go to a fancy boarding school called Prestige Prescott Academy. It was like a pity contest for the poor. And of course, out of the 10,000 people who entered, I , Willow Elledeen, was picked. I absolutely hated the idea of going to school with kids of the richest businessmen/celebrities in the world. I had done some research and figured out that even Bill Shields, the CEO and founder of the largest company in the world, ranking number 1 in Forbes' "Richest Man in the World", had a son who went to PPA.

Great. Can't wait to meet him and all the stuck up snobs.

I had argued with my dad, refusing to go, but to my dismay, my dad was overjoyed at the thought of me going to PPA. He had never been able to give me a lot because we didn't have that much money so I decided to drop the topic.  Plus, I hadn't seen my dad this happy since my mom was alive.

I hugged my dad one last time before grabbing my chipped blue suitcase and struggling to drag it to the car. A man in a suit stepped out of the limo and held the door open for me.

I rolled my eyes in my head. What was this, Princess Diaries? I scolded myself for that thought. "Stop it, you know Dad has gone through so many applications and rules and forms to get you this scholarship." I thought.

I got in the limo and and the door shut behind me. I sat down into the soft leather seat, feeling like at any minute, someone was going to yell at me that I didn't belong in this fancy car.

I waved at my dad, who was standing in the driveway watching as the car whisked me away to my new life.

I waved and waved until he was just a small dot in the distance, then slumped back in my seat.

I hope you're proud of me, Mom. Watch over Dad while I'm gone.

I didn't know it then, but that was the last of my simple, old life.

Author's Note

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this first part. This is my first attempt at writing, so please go easy on me :-)

2nd chapter will be out soon!