chapter 8

Violet's POV

We all run in the opposite direction of The Living Resurrection. Carl puts me down and we all stop to rest. 

"Well, that was a complete bust." I say.

"I'm sorry, kiddo." Daryl says. 

"She could be out there somewhere." I say. 

"You're right but we don't have enough energy and time to search the entire world." Rick says. 

"Yeah, I know." I start walking again. I see a train track and walk on it and the group follows. I see a walker who starts walking toward me but I put my knife through its head and it falls to the ground. 

"She's upset." Daryl whispers to Rick. "But, there's nothing we can really do." 

"You know I can hear you, right?" I say and continue to walk. Carl catches up with me and takes my hand. I look down at our hands and then up to him and he's smiling. I smile back. 

"We'll find her." He assures me. 

"This world is huge, Carl. She could be somewhere out there or she could be dead." I say. It starts to get dark so we find a spot to rest for the night. Carl, Rick, and Glenn go out and look for food while the rest of us stay here. Daryl walks over to me and sits down. 

"It's all going to be okay." He says. 

"I'm sick of everyone telling me that. It's all a lie." I say. "Maybe I don't want to find her but maybe I do. I don't know."