JADES 8

J*A*D*E*S 8:  Shattered Pieces

Shattered Pieces

Pieces of a jigsaw puzzle

Strewn across the gleaming tabletop

Shattered shards of my disturbed life

Glimmering ominously in the pale moonlight

Frantic fingers scramble to put them together

Edges frayed beyond mortal repair

Shuffling them about haphazardly

A disheveled picture emerges

Torn and disgraced, life in tatters

Dreams destroyed, burned beyond recognition

Past nullified, leaving an empty abyss

Future uncharted, alien stars on the horizon

Then a steady hand appears

Scattering the pieces to the floor

Clearing the table of clutter

Wiping the slate clean

Showing me a future

Filled with eternal promise

Brimming with endless possibilities

A colorful array of adventures yet to be had

A JG Marie Original

10-01-02

j*a*d*e*s – birthday gift

            Emma stood in her driveway, looking at the new car in complete and utter astonishment.  She walked around the silver sports car slowly, eyeing it oddly with her hands stuffed into her pockets.  She wondered what sort of alternate reality she'd stepped into when she'd awoken earlier that morning.  Her mind was running with the possibilities as to why they'd lavish this sort of gift on her, but she had a good idea as to why. 

            She ran a finger over the spoiler that graced the trunk lid of the car; a small smile graced her lips as she saw a sticker that she was sure that her mother had put in the back window of her favorite band. 

She looked back at her parents, who were grinning at her puzzled look, her mother nudging her father in an 'I told you' sort of way.

            Their family was still healing from the blow they'd been dealt earlier that year, but things had gotten better, even the ever-silent breakfasts were becoming a more talkative event.  At first, she'd been even more reserved than ever before, withdrawing into herself.  Counseling and long hours hashing out just what had happened to her had finally helped her break the wall that had been put up by Apocalypse.  Laura had been a significant part of her quick and full recovery.  She'd been patient with Emma, never over coaxing her, but instead letting her remember what had happened at her own pace.