Thirty Two

On the way back home, Jack wouldn't stop blowing up my phone and he confuses me so much. He doesn't want me, but he won't leave me alone? How does that even work? I go up into my room and there's another call from him.

I scoff before answering to see what he wants. I'd love to hear what he has to say, even though I couldn't care less.

"What?" I calmly say, not wanting to snap at him just yet.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He practically yells.

What is he talking about?

"Don't go to another guy and act all fucking cute with him, and don't ignore my calls when I'm trying to get ahold of you. You're supposed to be acting cute with me and you're supposed to be wearing my clothes!" He emphasizes.

"I'm sorry? I can't hear you over Auburn calling your name?" I snort, hanging up the phone.

I toss my phone onto my bed, feeling proud of myself. I would never talk to anyone above me like that, but Jack, he's different and I have a right to be a bitch to him. After everything, he has the nerve to yell at me?

Earlier today, he was saying how he was taking his moms advice and now he wants me back? Not how it works.

I should go visit my parents at the hospital. Okay, that's what I'm going to do. I grab my phone, that I just threw, from my bed and grab my keys once again. I just got home and now I'm leaving. I should've just went on the way.

I basically stomp down the stairs and whip open the front door. I jump back, gasping as I see Jack almost ring the doorbell. How the hell did he get here so fast, and why is he here?

He looks up at me and I blink really fast, just to make sure I'm not hallucinating. His car is pretty much a teleportation device. He steps inside when I don't say anything and grabs my face in between his large hands, smashing his lips onto mine.

"You piss me off so damn much." He mumbles angrily, in between kisses.

"Good." I mumble back and he pulls away, looking mad.

His hand slithers in between my legs, "this is mine. You are mine." He heavily breathes.

"N-no, I'm not yours." I stutter, almost moaning.

"Yes, you are." He says, increasing the pressure of his fingers and placing a kiss on my earlobe.

I push him away, finally.

"You can't fucking come back to me." I snap. "You were just with Auburn today. I'm not gonna let you play me!" I scream and his eyes widen.

"Baby-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"Don't 'baby' me. Get out." I point to the door.

I just want to go see my parents and he's over here trying to win me back. Sure, we're both going through some rough things right now. My parents in the hospital and his parents divorcing, we should be there for each other, but we're not.

He holds his arms open, "Camila, please-"

"No."

"The though of you with someone else. Then holding you or making you laugh, bothers the fuck out of me." He emphasizes. "I want to be the one to do that."

I laugh a this ignorance, "I'm not gonna wait around for you. Why is it so hard for you to let go of me, but so easy for you to drop Auburn? And don't give me that 'it's because you're different' bullshit." I curse.

If he's not gonna leave, I will. I couldn't care less if he robs my house. There's nothing even to take here and he can afford everything. I push past him and out to my car. I know he's following behind me because I head the front door shut.

"Camila, where the hell are you going?"

"Somewhere." I bluntly reply.

I don't want to tell him where I'm going because he's just going to follow after me. Now, I have to find a way to get rid of him. I can't speed off because his car is much more faster than mine.

I get into the drivers seat and just sit in there. Not moving the car or anything. I don't know how much longer I can stay in here because it's fucking hot. I decide to start up the car and drive to McDonald's.

I'm not going to eat, just to get rid of Jack and maybe he won't even go into the McDonald's parking lot? I start up my car and it's loud. I know that he's knows I'm about to leave.

He drives off from behind me and I breathe a sigh of relief. Maybe he's going back home to Auburn. I'm not sure if I'm sad anymore, or if I just want to be a bitch to him. I drive to the direction of the hospital.

My phone buzzes, indicating that I got a text message. I'm assuming it's Jack because he always texts me after we get into fights. It's so annoying. He's so annoying. I don't check my phone and keep my eyes on the road.

I do feel bad for Kaiden because he has to sleep at the hospital. Maybe I'll stay tonight and I'll take him home because he's been there for days. His summer is slowly slipping by him. It's for our parents, so I don't think he's minds.

Shortly, I arrive at the hospital and get out of the car. I go up to floor C and go inside of the room. Smiling when Kaiden lifts his head from the noise of the door. Both of my mom and dads eyes are closed.

"Hey, wanna go home? I'll stay the night." I quietly say to Kaiden.

"I'm good." He answers and then goes back to paying attention to his phone. "Thanks for the offer though."

I smile and bring my hands up to ruffle his brown hair. I'll just bring him some more clothes later tonight. I take a seat on the second chair and then check my phone for the messages.

My eyes nearly roll to the back of my head on their own. He's so stupid. My heart beat begins to increase and then goes back to normal as I come to realization. He's only doing this to make me more angry.

[Camila] ok good to know

I smirk to myself at my remark. I don't want to give him the satisfaction. The three little dots begin to pop up, basically telling me that he's typing back. I wait a few more moments for him to reply.

Geez, he's taking a long time. He's usually never the one to write long messages. Getting more and more bored with each passing second, I decide to call him. It's rings for the longest time and he always answers on the second ring.

It goes to voicemail and not straight to it. So I know that he didn't swipe decline right away. Why am I so anxious for his answer? Kaiden and I talk through some things and we go down to get something to eat.

So glad that he owns a debit card because he can get food whenever and isn't going to starve from bung broke. As we get off of the elevator into the lobby, two doctors are rushing a body on a gurney.

Kaiden's the first to walk out, looking back at the people and his eyebrows furrow immediately. He looks at me, pointing to the elevator and I look at the person on that bed.

Holy shit.

{vote, comment, share}