2 - Grocery Confrontation

2 years later
Twins: 10
Mariana: 6
Marley: 4

KATIES POV

"I'm going to the store!" I shout, knowing that nobody will respond. Chance is working on a deal with some company owned by the Goldman cooperation.  (YES!!! I am hinting at a book that i am about to release! More info on it in a bit!)

"MOMMY!!" I hear a voice yell.

"Yes" I say turning to see Marley run up to me

"Momma, I wanna go to!" She says holding her arms up to signal she wants me to pick her up

"Okay baby girl."

"I not a baby. I'm 4!! Big girl!!"

"Well, big girls have to walk and not be carried."

She looks sad by this "I not that big momma. You can still carry me, I be big-little girl."

I giggle "Okay my little-Big girl lets go get some groceries." I pick her up and adjust her to hold her on my hip

"Can we get coco-fins?" She says giving me a puppy dog face and poking my face.

"Yes, we can get chocolate muffins if we hurry up and go so we can be back by dinner!!"

We walk to the car and I strap her into her car seat.

"OFF WE GO!" She squeals and I look back in the mirror smiling, she looks so much like Martin.

-- AT THE GROCERY STORE --

"Okay. Now we just have to get milk, eggs, butter, and orange juice." I say to myself as Marley distracts herself with her ragged bunny that she takes everywhere.

I push the car around the corner into the refrigerated items aisle and stop dead in my tracks when I see the one man who ruined my wedding day. I try to scoot the cart and dodge him however it doesn't work.

"Katie!" He shouts running over to me

I quickly try to avoid his glance hoping and praying that he will realize that I'm not Katie, even if I am.

"Katie, please let me talk."

"I need to get home to feed the kids dinner"

"3 minutes is all I'm asking."

"What do you want? You already faked your fuckin' death, left me with your children whom I love dearly just wished I wasn't a single mother for quite some time, and to top off the wonderful life you left me with you ruined my wedding day! Now, if you wish to speak it better be quick and I'm going to complete this list as you do so." Hate fills my voice tone but j could care less

"Okay, first things first my parents are filing for custody of Estella and Oliver. I checked into the legal system and since you are not biologically related to them and my parents are they can get custody. So, be prepared for them to be taken away from you. Second, it was your fault that I had to fake my death. If that Chris person had never came into your life you would have been fine with me but I could sense your pain and I didn't want to be the one to keep you from him. Third, I want to spend a full week with my daughter." He can't finish that thought before I butt in

"First, no I got custody and will fight with everything in me to keep them. I am their mother, I have been there for every parent teacher conference, wiped every runny nose, bought them school supplies, driven them to various practices and reversals so no they won't be taken away from me. Second, I wouldn't have left you for Chris it was all in your head. Honestly, I should thank you for helping us get back together. Last, you can't see Estella ever again."

"Not Estella." He pauses "Her." He says pointing to the oblivious Marley.

"No, she doesn't know you not will she ever. You left her, if you want to be in her life you should have planned that through a few years ago. Now, my list is finished and I need to head home. Thanks for nothing you big as$ lying bastard."

I walk away from him, he's clearly in shock over what just happened and to be honest so am I.

I check out, load the groceries into my car, get Marley situated and then get into the car and begin to drive home. I pull out my phone to call Chris, thankfully he picks up.

"What's up good lookin?" He asks

"Oh, you know the casual grocery trip where I run into Martin."

Panic fills his voice "Martin. What did he say? What's he want?"

"He told me that his parents are going to try to get custody of Estella and Oliver and they will succeed since I'm not biologically related to them, also he said I'm the reason he faked his death."

"That not going to happen Estella and Oliver are our children. If his family had wanted them they should have thought of that before helping him fake his death. Also, it's not your fault he 'died' and you got back together with the most amazing person on the planet."

I look in the rear view mirror and see Marley fast asleep in her car seat.

"Way to flatter yourself mister big shot. Now, we'll discuss this later. How did the deal go?"

"It's on the right track he wants to fly me out to meet with him in person."

"That's great! When would you be going?"

"At my earliest convenience. Plus, he wants me to bring you with me."

"Me? Why?" I ask confused

"He said it would be great to meet the woman who inspires me so much and his wife wants to meet you."

"Okay. Contact him back and say that anytime within the next 3 weeks works for us. We just have to be back before Marley's 5th birthday in 1 1/2 months."

"Yes boss!"

"I swear if the house were empty we would do some things."

"That can be arranged, I mean my parents love the kids."

"Want to see if they will watch them during our trip? Then we can test the hotel beds."

"Stop teasing me!!"

"Oh, there's a ton more of that." I pull into out driveway "Now, be helpful and help me unload groceries."

"Fine." He says before hanging up

He walks out and we unload groceries and he carries Marley to her room.

We talk in the kitchen while I prepare dinner and soon enough we are cuddling in bed watching some romantic comedy movie that I know he hates but will watch because of me.

---
A/N

Sorry for the in-activity of this book. I started school like a month ago and I've been taking a heavy load of classes. I will try to update regularly!

Thanks for reading!!!

~ K