Chapter 5: Observation and Nostalgia

Ahalya's POV

"SHUT UP! We can do this the easy way or the hard way!"

"Let me go! Please!" I sobbed.

He slapped me hard across my face and I tasted blood in my mouth. I screamed and pleaded as he continued to trail his line of kisses down my neck. He bit at one particular spot and I screamed in pain.

"YOU ARE MINE AHALYA KRISHNAN!" he said, his icy blue eyes looking at me.

I woke up gasping and panting. Ok, that was a nightmare. I checked the time and wondered why my alarm didn't wake me up. It was 8:00 and school already started! I got up and ran downstairs. Shriya, Shivam and Avanthika were sitting down at the kitchen island when Siddharth made pancakes.

"Oh, you are up? Come have some pancakes...it's the Sid Special!" he said.

I was confused about what happened last night. The only thing I last remembered was falling into Siddharth's arms. I found that I was changed into a green colored thermal tee and a pair of microfiber pants. I wore my poncho above because it was really cold in the house.

Siddharth saw my lost expression and walked towards me. "Are you ok?"

"I don't remember anything Siddharth...I was..was standing outside and you came and everything became blank.." I said.

He made me sit down and said "Ahalya, I am sorry...I made you stand out like that. So you passed out and I brought you inside. You were shivering so I had no choice but to change your clothes. Then I heated up some soup for you and you drank it. Then I gave you some fever reducer pills and you fell asleep after that. I took you upstairs and that is pretty much what happened."

"Siddharth, I am really sorry yaar, I didn't mean it." I said but he put a finger to my lips.

"I do not want to see you apologizing anyway. Besides everyone in school got a kick out of it." He smiled and pulled me in for a side hug. He was the first guy I trusted to touch me after the incident. I always felt safe around Siddharth.

"Why are you all not in school? Our parents trust us to be in school! You guys still have time to make it." I said to Avanthika, Shivam and Shriya.

"Actually Princess, the entire Portland School District had a district-wide school closure. The weather is going to get worse this afternoon. So it wasn't safe for the students to come out."

"Then our parents?" I asked, worriedly.

"They are fine. Depending on the weather, they might stay back at Vancouver at the Lawyers house."

"Oh...." I said.

"Stop worrying Ahalya! Let's have fun!" said Siddharth!

Shriya's POV

I saw my brothers for the very first time in love. First off, Siddharth was totally in love with Ahalya. He cared for her, it was obvious. Then my twin...Shivam out of all people was in love! I thought I would never see this day. I mean sure, he was also popular but nowhere near a player compared to Siddharth and he also never even took a second glance at a girl. But he said it was 'Love in first sight' and he has been in love with Avanthika ever since. She keeps her distance out of the fear of her parents. But I had seen one or two instances where they had gotten close, especially when we watched movies or played video games in the rec room. For example, last week:

We were watching Romeo and Juliet because we had a school assignment on it. Shivam, as usual was too lazy to read the book along with Avanthika so Ahalya akka (sister) suggested to watch the movie. I had gone upstairs to grab my notebook to take notes. When I entered, it was the scene where Romeo see's Juliet for the very first time and kisses her. I saw my brother and Avanthika and Shivam had her shoulder around Avanthika and he bent down and kissed Avanthika's forehead which was leaning on his chest. I decided to leave them alone because I, for one did not want to witness my brother acting all lovey dovey.

Then I had the wonderful opportunity to watch Anna fight with Ahalya Akka over who had the better abs, him or Abeer from Badtameez dil. I swear, those two have the weirdest conversations. I walked into Anna's room to ask if I could borrow his laptop charger because mine was broken and the first thing I saw was a picture of Abeer's abs, zoomed next to his own, zoomed to the full screen on the projector on the wall. The two of them were sitting on Siddharth's bed and closely observing the abs. This was literally their exact conversation.

"I have the better abs obvious Ahu, I mean look at this hot bod!"

"Um, no. Even Abeer has a cute bod! I mean look at the structure of his abs. They are so defined and toned. Yours are just like a meaty piece of flesh!"

"NO Ahalya, you do not insult my babies!" Siddharth said and threw a pillow at her. Then that was a start of a pillow fight.

I left from there in an instant. Ahalya and Siddharth had a love-hate relationship. You would see them fighting one instant, then laughing over celeb gossip the next minute.

I guess I was the only one without a love life. I mean, looking at my brothers, they got themselves perfect girls. They were cultured and perfect for each other. Would I ever find my soulmate?

Unknown's POV

I saw Ahalya and Siddharth sitting in Siddharth's bedroom having a pillow fight. They were growing close, I see...Ahalya will always be mine. Always. But wait! Who is that other girl who was watching Ahalya and Siddharth? She was really pretty. She had almond shaped eyes, that were hazel in color. Her hair was straight and really soft looking. She had soft lips, that were perfect for kissing! Screw Ahalya! This is the girl that I want! I went to the mirror and put on my contacts over my brown eyes. I blinked once to adjust them. Then I stared into the mirror. A pair of icy blue eyes stared back at me.

A/N: Hey y'all! Hope you enjoyed that chapter, this was just a filler. There will be much more drama in the next chapter. And as always, please press that pretty star shaped button on the bottom and comment..I know my writing is amateur. Please let me know if there are any spots I can improve...I take criticism positively.