Chapter 8

Taehyung's POV

She's really easy to talk to.

She is a good listener.

"I'm really sorry..." Rose puts her hand on my knee again. "I can't imagine how it's like."

I glance at her hand, then at her. "I-It's fine, please don't worry. After meeting Jungkook, Jimin, Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi, I've been getting better. They're closer than family. I love them a lot."

Her smile grows. "I'm glad to hear that. That's really sweet."

Her hand moves up and down my thigh and I start to burn up inside.

"Um, d-don't you think Jimin and L-Lilia are taking a long time?" I gulp, shifting in my seat. "It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

Rose tilts her head. "They kind of are taking awhile. Are you ok? You look uncomfortable. Are you hot right now? I can turn off the heater I have on."

I slightly shake my head. "No, I'm just really awkward after telling you about my parents."

She looks down at her hand and immediately pulls it away. "Oh, I'm sorry about that! I tend to do that when I'm having a close conversation- I'm sorry. That was weird!"

I jump in my seat and shake my hands. "Oh, no, no, no! It's fine. I didn't- You didn't- It wasn't- I was....it's ok."

After that embarrassing and unintended placement of the hand, we've been making only small talk the whole time.

We went from 100 to -50 in only seconds.

Awkwardness kills.

I can still feel her hand on my knee and it's killing me.

Rose's POV

"We're back! With pizza! Duh! What else!" Lilia screams as she enters the house, followed with Jimin carrying drinks.

"Took you both long enough." I mumble under my breath.

"Are you two friends now?" Jimin asks as he sets down the bags.

I slowly nod and look at Taehyung. He smiles and nods too.

I can still see his cheeks reddening and I can tell for sure that mine were red too.

"Yas! Finally, we can have a movie night!" Lilia cheers and holds up a CD case. "Pizza and a movie? Hell yeah!"

I stand up and point a finger to her. "That better not be a ho-"

"Insidious 3, everybody!" Lilia shouts and runs to the TV to pop it in. "Get ready to be scared so bad you won't sleep for days."

"Lilia!" I run up to her. "You know I absolutely hate horror movies. You know I need my sleep and horror movies make me stay up at night!"

"You don't like scary movies too?" Taehyung asks, looking at me so innocently.

I turn around and shake my head. "It's obvious."

"Horror movies give a good thrill. Just this one and we won't watch another one ever, ok?" Lilia grabs my hand and shoos me to the couch. "Go sit down and stop complaining. Just eat."

I glare at her, but I didn't want to argue.

She did pay for the pizza.

With her own money.

We settle down on the couch with our dinner and drinks in front of us and the movie starting.

"Ahhiyyyaaa..." I groan as the TV scream turns black. "It's already too much."