Chapter 2

A/N: updated as of 4/28/2020

I've lost the game, his paper beating my rock.

I lean back in my chair and purse my lips. James has an adorable self-satisfied smile on his lips.

"You know, you don't have to go through with this, Lexi," he reassures me thoughtfully. "I'll understand if you decide to back out. It's a lot to understand and handle, especially for a first-timer."

His offer is tempting, but I shake my head. "No," I decide. "I won't back out. We made a deal. And who knows, maybe—just maybe—I'll like it." James raises his eyebrows and appraises me.

"Okay then. We need to go over some things." I nod, and he pulls his chair closer to mine.

"First of all, DDLG is a subset of BDSM, just so you're aware," James begins. "However, it's more D than B, S, or M. In this...relationship...I'm the Dominant, and you're considered the Submissive." Okay, this makes sense so far. "The core of this dynamic is that you're going to be my little girl, and I function as your Daddy or caregiver.  I will have rules for you that I expect you to follow, and there will be punishments if you break them. Of course, there will also be rewards if you comply with the rules and are a good girl." James pauses, and looks expectantly at me.

"That's a lot to take in," I admit, feeling a little overwhelmed with this new information in a setting where I can actually hear people being loudly whipped, "but I'll still go through with it."

James smiles at me, making me melt just a little bit. "Don't worry, Lexi. I'll take good care of you." And I trust him to do just that. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Rachel walk back to this side of the room and start to return to where I'm sitting, but changes her mind as she sees that I'm already engaged and instead makes a beeline to another chair with a good view of James and I.

"May I have your number?" James asks me, suddenly businesslike. I rummage through my purse and find a scrap of paper and a pen, then jot down my number on it and hand it to him. He tucks it in his pocket and rises from his seat.

"I'll be in touch," James murmurs. "Bye, Lexi."

"Bye, James," I reply, and I watch him as he walks away until he disappears down the staircase. Settling back in my chair, I think about what I've gotten myself into. However I don't have much time as Rachel quickly takes his seat.

"Lexi, who was that?" she asks me, eyes wide.

"His name is James," I say. "And we...well, it's complicated."

Rachel rolls her eyes and says, "Okay. I'm ready to go. Honestly, I thought this would be more fun. Mitchell, the guy I played with, is an idiot, and I'm not in the mood to find anyone else tonight."

"Yeah, I'm ready to leave too," I agree absently, my thoughts occupied by James. We leave quickly, and start the drive back home in her car. Rachel makes me tell her everything about what happened between James and I, and she's excited about what I'm going to do with him.

Rachel drops me off at my house, and I tiptoe inside to avoid waking my mom up. It's already very alte on a Sunday night, and I have school tomorrow. However, seeing as it's June 4, I only have one week left of my senior year. It's finals week for everyone but the seniors, seeing as we take our finals two weeks early, so for us, this week is basically lounge week. Even though there's not much to do during school hours until our graduation next week, our school requires seniors to keep attending for this week as well.

I change into pajamas and slide into the comfort of my bed. Just then, my phone vibrates on my dresser. I check it—one new message, the screen displays.

From: (415)867-5309

Message: Hello, this is James.

I quickly add him to my contacts and reply.

To: James

Message: Hey, it's Lexi!

From: James

Message: I hope I'm not keeping you up too late. I just wanted you to have my number and to let you know that we should discuss rules and some other details in full tomorrow if that is convenient for you.

To: James

Message: That would be wonderful :)

From: James

Message: All right. Good night!

To: James

Message: Good night.

Wow. I blush and can't help but smile as I set my phone down and drift off to sleep, thinking of James and our adventures to come.

A/N: yooooo sorry this took so long but I had a ton of problems uploading it etc. etc. so yeah. also sorry this is short. don't forget to comment and vote! (pro tip: the amount of votes and comments I get on each chapter is in direct correlation to the amount to time it will take me to update)