Chapter Three

"Make one wrong move and you'll regret it."

~~~~~~~

-Eren's POV-

After three hours, the top ten were finally chosen. Many people died and others have Life marks that are dangerously low. I'm one of the ones that survived and was chosen, Armin and Mikasa were chosen as well. And now here we are, at the beginning of a maze where our lives might change forever.

~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! Line up maggots and give me your names!" A man who introduced himself as Sergeant Shadis yelled at us, we all lined up in fear and began calling our names.

"Ar-Ar-Armin Arlert, sir!"

"Sasha Blouse, sir!"

"Connie Springles-I mean Springer, sir!"

"M-Marco Bott, sir!"

"Jean Kirstein, sir!"

"Eren Jaeger, sir!"

"Annie Leonhart, sir."

"Bertolt Hoover, sir!"

"Reiner Braun, sir!"

"Mikasa Ackerman, sir."

Shadis nodded his head and began pacing back and forth in front of us. I swallowed nervously and waited until he said something.

"Here are your instructions for this game. You will all go stand at one of the ten entrances to the maze, when you hear the signal you will run into the maze, when you encounter another player you will play 3DMG. When you lose you will try to exit the maze but you still have to play games with the other players. The winner will be the person who either defeats the King or the one who doesn't lose a single game before time is up. Losers will become part of the Military Police that protects the palace and citizens. Note that your Life marks will decrease and don't be surprised if one of you die."

It'll be really hard not to die, top players have a tendency to play level 4 or higher.

"Now if you encounter the King that's a whole different story. Win a game with him and you become the new King of Illusio, however, if you lose against him...you die." He said the last word in such a tone that it sent chills down my spine.

He told us to go find a spot to begin, I gave Mikasa and Armin one last goodbye wave before jogging off to find an entrance.

I found one by a couple of big ass trees, it was an iron arch over the classic maze hedges. I looked around and found a green cloak hanging on a hook next to a small packet. I put on the cloak and carefully opened the manilla packet, inside was a small slip of paper.

"Make one wrong move and it's checkmate."

Was this some kind of warning? Did the castle guards put this here? That's pretty scary, almost like a foreshadow. While I was thinking a high pitched sound wave rang in my ears. That must be the signal. I slipped the note into my pocket and ran into the maze, the green cloak flowing behind me.

~~~~~~~

I feel like I've been here for hours. I haven't seen anyone yet and it's just making me more nervous, and what if I have to fight with Mikasa or Armin? I don't want to lower their Life marks.

Suddenly I hear the rustle of bushes and I froze, a boy with two toned hair pops out and trots over to me. He gives me a small smirk and reaches out his hand.

"Hey, I'm Jean Kirstein." I warily put my hand out but once I'm about to grab his hand he pulls it back making me trip.

"What the hell?!" I yell at him, he laughs while I stand up and brush my clothes off.

"Well I shouldn't be friendly against my opponent now should I?" He laughed again, it almost sounded like a neigh to be honest.

"You know, you're really starting to piss me off kid." A different voice called out, we both turned and saw a short figure in a long green cloak, the hood covered their face but I could clearly see two silver eyes glaring back at us. The Jean guy immediately looked terrified and galloped off. Well good riddance horse face.

I looked back to see the figure right in front of me this time, I yelped and fell down. The person gave a small 'tch' and held out their hand. I warily grabbed the person's hand and once I let go they took out hand sanitizer and rubbed their palms vigorously.

I was taken aback, was I that dirty? Feeling somewhat offended I step back and scowl at the person.

"Well that was rude, wiping your hands like that in front of me."

I heard a scoff from the figure as they rubbed their hands even more, it was like they were trying to irritate me!

"Who are you?" I asked, I didn't see this person in the ten chosen ones, could he be a palace guard? I didn't get a reply, but the person began lowering their hood. He, as I can confirm now, had raven hair in an undercut, marble like skin and piercing gray eyes. I felt my jaw slacken and my eyes grow wide, for a man, he was quite attractive.

The man glared at me and placed a hand on his hip, silently watching me.

"Well? What are you waiting for?"

"What?"

He sighed and tapped something on his 3DMG wristlet, a name tag appeared above his head and I looked up.

Oh my God.

I was talking to the King of Illusio.

King Levi Ackerman.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

"I guess I'll go ahead and make the right move then huh?"

Okay, so everything, starting next chapter, will belong to me. The first three chapters belonged to AnimeNekoMeow. I hope you enjoy.