Chapter 11: Well Jack U

Start from the beginning

Then a thought hit her like a cement truck. Only one spot for Got Cake. She would be competing with twenty three other students for that internship. Her grin quickly faded to fear. They would only take the best in the class. Was she the best or even close to that? Gwen had no idea.

Her teachers always complimented her projects and she received mainly A's and a few B's on everything, except when they had to make natural desserts, no sugar added. She got a C when her baked apples turned out slightly burnt.

Gwen got her backpack, putting her laptop away and headed home. As she was riding the train back to her apartment it occurred to her that she was just going to have to do the best she could and hope for the best. The worst that could happen is she doesn't get any internship, takes her final classes and graduates. Not that bad.

So, why does she feel like crap?

As Gwen opened the door to her apartment she let out a huge sigh. Putting her backpack down Gwen flopped on the couch face first. Her rib didn't hurt anymore and the bruise was all healed up. If anything that just added to her misery.

Here she was looking and feeling hot again and no boyfriend she can find to take advantage of it. On top of it, no boyfriend to rub her shoulders and tell her if they don't give her that internship then they are fools. The boyfriend would then talk about how luscious her cakes are and then it would turn steamy, all ending in multiple orgasms.

Gwen turned and groaned, her hands scrubbing at her scalp. Why can't her fantasies be real? They are so awesome. What guy wouldn't want to make them real? The Dorian from a few weeks ago would be happy to bring them to life, but he has disappeared. Only to be replaced with the invisible man.

The front door swung open and for a moment Gwen's heart surged at the thought that Dorian might be stopping by, unannounced as usual. In walked a flurry of chocolate brown hair swinging and the matching movement of a red dress, "That fucking asshole!"

Gwen recognized immediately the enraged voice of her roommate Annalise. She sat up just in time to see Annalise's tear stained face swirl in her direction. Gwen watched in confusion as her roommate dropped her large cream leather purse on the floor with a thud and crumpled beside it in tears.

She raced over and curled next to her sad friend, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. They sat like that for a few minutes where no one spoke but sounds of hurt filled the air. Gwen preened at Annalise, lovingly combing her hair with her fingers and smoothing any wrinkles in her dress. She did it as a form of comfort and less to tidy up her friend.

"He found someone else Gwen. He dumped me, see!" Annalise shoved her black iPhone in Gwen's face. Gwen took the phone and after a swipe of the screen the texts appeared before her eyes.

Ethan: Hey I'm going to have to cancel dinner, something came up. Actually I think we should see other people.

Annalise: What? But I told you I loved you just yesterday and now you don't want to see me anymore? WTF?

Ethan: Yeah, look I think you are beautiful and sweet but I kinda met someone else.

Annalise: For how fucking long?

Ethan: Just a week ago. Nothing has happened but I think if I am this distracted by someone else then I can't give you the affection you deserve. I care too much about you to do that to you. I have really enjoyed our time together and I know you will meet a great guy real soon. I have to go. Take care.

Then the texts just dissolved into a bunch of profanities that Annalise sent him and a lot of references about his tiny penis.

"Holy shit Annalise! I am so sorry. What a dick. I can't believe he broke up with you by text!" Gwen is still staring wide eyed at the small glowing screen.