Chapter Six

Jaxton let out a sigh, flicking on a light inside the small kitchen. In any place, it's considered wrong to stay at a house without permission, but the police would care less about that.

"These people must have recently died, because all the food in the fridge is still good," Kai stated. It was a chilling thought to consider how normal murder had become a thing. In Clay, they didn't have that constant worry about Aubrey's vengeance.

"I feel we should have stayed with Amaris after what happened," Jaxton said. Kai looked over at him with a bag of sliced ham in his hands.

"Her abuse must have been severe for her to have panic attacks in public," Jaxton murmured.

"I'm certain Hope's going to expose Alexandra tomorrow. That might be the fall of either, but Hope might get away with it," Kai remarked.

"Alexandra looks like she has a lot of anger, which she directs all at Hope," Kai sighed, shaking his head.

"You think Hope's going to piss her off somehow, causing Alexandra to inflict harm on someone?" Jaxton asked, as Kai nodded.

Jaxton leaned his head back against the wall, closing his eyes. This wasn't how he imagined coming to figure out who you are would turn out.

"Hope almost bends how a psychopath should be. Most of them are antisocial, but Hope likes talking but enjoys the murder and pain people do. She has emotions, but she doesn't feel anything for those suffering, so it's hard to figure out her personality," Jaxton sighed, shaking his head.

"She has said she's a demon, so that's why we can't name it. I was thinking, even if she does get her body, I can imagine what she'll do," Kai started.

"Hope's greedy, which means the puppet master won't leave her puppet alone," Kai gulped, as Jaxton felt chills.

"Alexandra has rage built inside, which is why I think Hope's going to make her snap. Amaris takes her fault to heart, which Hope is using," Kai said acidly. Jaxton knew, but there wasn't much they could do about stopping that girl. Even if they did try, Hope would kill someone in a heartbeat.

"Alexandra's going to cause harm to Amaris' life," Jaxton remarked without meaning. Kai stared at him with wide eyes, because he knew. "As much as they may want to reconnect, I don't think it's safe."

"If anything else happens to Alexandra, Hope will find ways to get control," Kai sighed. He leaned his head back on the uncomfortable kitchen chair, looking at the mustard walls.

"I think Alexandra and Amaris are both scared of love," Jaxton looked at Kai.

Scared of love? "Doesn't it make sense? Amaris feared hugging you, plus her underlining trauma. Alexandra was basically taken away from that whole concept until she gained control back of her own body," Kai explained.

"I didn't think the situation in Claymore was this horrible. I've seen tweets or the news casting recent research, such as the connection between Hope's death. All of them just don't know that Aubrey killed herself," Jaxton sighed.

All of this was baffling. "Everyone fears it's like a massacre is occurring, which it is. I know we can't die, but this is Hope's all doing," Kai groaned. This complex situation would be one you wouldn't read about in textbooks if society had been normal.