Chapter One

My clock beeped twice. I rolled over, messing up the sheets with me. Where was Connor tonight? What was holding him up?

I almost missed the knocks on my window as I was contemplating where he was. Maybe at a party or date with another girl. When I did hear it however, I rushed to the window and opened it. There was Connor, with his dark brown hair billowing in the wind and blue eyes catching the light from my room.

"Sorry. Mum nearly caught me climbing out." He apologised as he ran his fingers through his hair and grinned guiltily.

I smiled and offered a hand to pull him in. How silly of me to think he was out with another girl. He wasn't the type to blow me off like that. As soon as he took hold of my hand however, I gasped and pulled away. He was freezing.

"How long did you spend in the cold?" I looked at him suspicious, noting the terribly limited and bare amount of clothes he had on. Only he was stupid enough to wear that little on a windy and freezing autumn night.

"A while..." He admiited. "I told you, I nearly got caught so I spent forever hiding in the garden."

Now that I could see him clearly in the light, he did look unusually pale. The colour was gone from his face apart from his lips, which were purple. I threw him the largest hoodie I owned from my wardrobe, despite it being a incredibly feminine pink. He looked reluctant to put it on as I commanded him to wear it and stay put while I went to the kitchen.

"Yes mum," he answered cheekily and I rolled my eyes on my way out but couldn't help the blush that slowly crept up my cheeks.

I know what it looks like right now: that we're dating or in a relationship or something else like that. However, I can promise you that that is about as far from the truth as it can ever be.

As I arrived at the kitchen I took out a mug and a jar of chocolate powder. We always shared a mug as using two would've made my parents suspicious. However, perhaps it was teh cold or the lack of sleep getting to me and I was feeling particularly self conscious of it. While making the chocolate, I tried taking my mind off it. Once done, I grabbed a packet of biscuits and went back into my room. 

Connor was sitting at my desk flipping through one of my notebooks. As soon as he saw me coming in turned to face me and smirked.

"Leave it to little miss nerd to finsih all her homework."

I pouted. "One more mean word from you and you aren't getting any of these." I shook the packet of cookies in my hands. They were Connor's favourite.

"Hey! That's not fair! I wasn't even being mean," he protested." Just merely stating the truth."

Rolling my eyes again, I handed him the hot chocolate. He took it gratefully and sipped it.

"Hmm... tastes to nice."

"Obviously, since it was made by moi," I bragged and opened the packet of cookies. I took one and passed it to him.

"And here I was worried that I wasn't going to be getting any, mum," He smiled smugly. I tried to quickly snatch the packet away but his reflexes were much better than mine. "Too late," he stuck his tongue out.

I tried my best to stare darkly and annoyedly at him without saying a word. It was sometimes my best tactic against him because he couldn't stand the silence.

A minute passed, then another. Connor was already at his limits.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry. Now talk to me!" He complained.  

"Right, then pass me the cookies to show that you're well and truly sorry." Despite looking incredibly adorable by being reluctant and sulking about it, he obeyed. He ended up handing the packet to me and continued to sip the hot chocolate.

I smiled to myself, because of him, beacuse of how incredibly amazing he looked right now, because of how relaxed we were but mainly because of the childishness and innnocence of this moment, using cookies as a peace treaty.

I loved spending every night like this with Connor, but even though we seemed like best friends ad more, we weren't. Even if this currenty picture painted us to look close, we were as far as far could be. Sometimes it hurt when reality got back to me but I knew I should be grateful that I have him to myself for at least an hour a day.

Truth is, he’s the hot, popular, notorious playboy, and I’m just a plain, small, nerdy me. It wasn’t like I’ll ever get him to feel the same way about me as I feel about him. After all, our worlds couldn't be more different.

******

That's all for the first chapter. I hoped you liked it. xD Remember to vote/comment/fan if you did!