Proving Myself

I'm horrible I know. Sorry! School's starting and all so updates take a while, right?

_-_-_

"Laura!"

She kept walking.

"Laura!"

She didn't even look back.

"Laura listen to me dammit!"

She ignored him yet again, so he ran up to her and grabbed her wrist, causing her to turn around and bump into his chest.

"Listen. Please."

She looked up at him, her bloodshot eyes shoving daggers into his chest.

"Prove it. Please."

"Laura I swear I will! When I know how, I will. I won't forget about you Laura. And for the record, I never had. You were on my mind every freaking second for the past six years! Don't ever say that I'll forget all about you, because even if I tried to, it wouldn't be possible."

"I just want to make sure the past won't repeat itself."

"Are we talking about the past now? May I remind you that you were the one to get a boyfriend first!?"

"Well if the guy you like makes it clear in front of your face that he doesn't want to be with you, you might as well try to move on!"

"Me? Saying I didn't want to be with you? Laura, if anything, I'd been hinting at the fact that I liked you the whole time. All 4 years!"

"But you never said it to my face now did you?"

"And risk being heartbroken?"

"As if not doing it saved your scrawny little heart!"

"It didn't, but being rejected would've been way worse!"

"It's just... I.... I don't know Ross. I like you.... I really really do... But I need to be sure that we'll last. I don't want to be heartbroken again. I'm... I'm sorry."

He let out a sigh and lift her chin up so she would be facing him, as she was currently staring at the ground.

"Give me a chance. I beg of you."

"I need time to think about it."

"Dammit! How much time do you need?"

"Enough to know that you're worth it!"

"Worth what?"

"Me."

"What?"

"If I commit to something, I put my all to it. You need to be worth it." The calmness in her voice scared him.

"Okay then. Fine. I'll prove myself. Wait and watch."

"It's what I've been doing for 9 years."