Chapter Two

Dick's P.O.V.

I'm sitting in the Batcave, alone because Bruce has to tell me "exciting news." I'd be more excited if the last exciting news wasn't about getting new birdarangs. Whoo birdarangs, highligh of my life. (Sarcamism)

Bruce comes into the Batcave full playboy mode, with a smile and eveything.

"Dick, I have some exciting news," he says.

Maybe Bruce spulgered and got me a new utliity belt.

"Barbara is joining the team." 

I, just, died. Barbara joining the team, nope it's too good to be true. It's not possible, putting my favorite person who also just happens to be my bad ass partner AND she's my girlfriend, on the team. It's WAY, to asterous for my brain to take. 

Bruce is giving me a total, "What the hech is going on inside your head," look. I feel like I'm shaking I can bareley process it, Babs joiming the team. I just can't control my happiness, I run into the training room and begin to do comlcated gymnatics and acrobatics until my brain finally catches up with my body. When it does I lay on the ground ans stare at the celling.

Babs joining the team, it"s the best thing that could ever happen.

Bab's P.O.V.

This is the worst thing that could ever happen. 

Okay scratch that joining the team is not the WORST thing that could ever happen there is a sliver lining.....actully it's more like a red and yellow and green/black lining. Did I mention the lining's name was Robin?

Being with Dick more is a dream come true but I don't know how well the team thing will work out. Dick and I know each other better that we know ourselfes, so us working together is a bad guy's worst nightmare. Even Bruce has shamefully amited that Batgirl and Robin working together is a better combo than Batman and Robin. Dick and I have something so perfect together, why is there a need to factor in so many exrta people.

While I am deep in my thoughts I felt a presense (besides Bruce) near me, it's Dick. Dick wraps his arms around my stomach, lifts me up, and spin me around.

"Are you excited," he asks. Dick looks so happy and full of joy, I will never take that away from him. 

"It will be differnt but I'll have you to help me through it," I reply. I hear Bruce walk away probaly knowing that we're about to get all lovey dovey.

Dick smiles at me, "Babs I'll be by your side 24/7 if Wally even attems to make slightly more than friendly eye contact, I'll brake his jaw." I can feel the blush growing in my face. The best part of this is, I know Dick is telling the truth he'll be with me, that he'll protect me.

"Thanks," is all I say, it's all I need to say. He understands how much I am excited for this but, he also understands my fear and worry. I love him so freaking much that it hurts.

Ours lips meet in a kiss that has the love that we have for each other. The scary part is I don't even have to bend down, Dick is growing. 

Soon Dick will be bigger than I am. Soon I will be on the team. Things are changing but as Dick and I know that's not always a bad thing.

Hi. I'm like 110% shure you know this but this story takes place in the young justice universe BUT I'm doing it so Barbara basically takes Rocket's place in the time line. Sorry I don't feel like having SO many characters like with invasion and I don't think I could write Rocket well, if you don't like that read another story, I don't care. 

Thanks for reading this far I hoped you have enjoyed it. (This is not the end of the story by the way)

Stay Whelmed, Pixie Boots Lover