Chapter 12

Was he a jerk to take advantage of Sydney when he'd started out comforting her? The thought flit through Alexios's mind, but he cast it aside. She'd let him know if he overstepped his bounds. Hadn't she already done so out in the water, when he'd palmed her round little butt and wanted to feel more? Sydney was nothing if not outspoken. Besides, she drove him crazy being this close. He'd claim temporary insanity for anything he did next.

He closed the gap between their mouths. Once their lips touched, he was lost. Those sexy little sounds she made deep in her throat egged him on, begged him for more. He deepened the kiss, added his own growls to the mewling sighs she kept emitting. She felt so good in his embrace, warm and soft, that his hands began roving on their own accord while he continued feasting on her supple lips.

Keep them above the equator, he told himself with the last bit of coherent thought in his head, gliding his fingers over the smooth skin of her back. She must have liked what he was doing, for she smashed her front against his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. Their mouths never stopped kissing.

Needing to feel all of her, Alexios let himself drop backwards onto the rumpled towel beneath him. She squeaked into his mouth, and he let loose a chuckle before returning to her swollen lips once more. God, he couldn't get enough of her!

He slid his hands under the flimsy strings of her bikini, and they came apart much too easily, as if they were made to do so. The next instant there was nothing between them, and he felt her pebble-hard nipples pricking into his chest. He moaned, and hated how out-of-control it sounded, but damn! He couldn't restrain his reaction. She tempted him out of his comfort zone.

After her initial surprise at their change of position, Sydney adapted well. Her fingers went to his head, threading through his short hair like an erotic massage, fueling his desire till he was covering her face with wet kisses. She seemed to like it, returning the same, until he lifted her slightly. He needed more, needed to know she tasted the same all over, so he repositioned her till he found her breast, and latched on. She cried out, her chest thrusting forward, giving him more of what he wanted.

She filled his mouth, overflowed it, and he was a happy man. He drew her nipple between his teeth, gently at first to gauge her reaction. Her resulting whimpers had him smiling against her breast, adding more pressure with his tongue and lips and teeth. She held his head in that position, grinding herself against him, squirming like a woman nearing her climax.

Seriously? Could he make her come with just his mouth at her breast? His thoughts jumbled at the idea that she was that responsive. It was an experiment he was more than willing to try, even if it meant he got no physical release himself. He sucked stronger just so he could feel her unravel in his arms.

And she did.

She began to rock in time to the rhythm of his mouth, making little, goading gasps of "Please!" that threatened to have him embarrass himself right in front of her. The next instant her body stiffened on top of him, and he gripped her upper arms to steady her.

With one, last, thin squeak, Sydney collapsed on top of him, her face in the crook of his neck. She gasped for air, each exhale fanning across his skin, teasing his already over-stimulated senses. If she moved against him too much, he'd be a goner. But he wouldn't have changed a thing.

He wrapped his arms around her. Holding her steady on top of him, he was content to remain that way. He'd never been this selfless before, allowing his partner to climax without receiving one of his own. Sex was to be shared, a mutually satisfying experience that didn't leave either one of the participants wanting.

He should have felt cheated. But as she burrowed against him he drew her even closer, kissed the top of her head and noticed that he bore no resentment. He was content because she was. And that realization alarmed him.