The Bus Ride Home (Kendall Schmidt)

"Ewwww, I don't wanna ride the bus home!" I whined, stomping my feet and pouting like a little kid.

"It's either that or walking," Kendall reasoned. It was 3 miles to walk home. Uh, no.

"The bus suddenly sounds like a great idea!" I exclaimed, hopping up the bus steps and taking the first open seat I saw.

"That's m'girl," he muttered.

"Kendall and Gracie sitting inna tree..." the douchebag kid behind us sang.

"F-U-C-K-I-N-G," I sang back. Upon figuring out what I spelled at him, he flipped me off (and sent me a look of disgust) and sat back in his seat.

"Someone's feisty," Kendall mused.

"Always," I winked. His arm snaked its way around my opposite shoulder.

"Ya knoooow, as much as I'd like to do the other thing..." he smirked. "Kissing sounds really good right now." He leaned in, giving me that same look he always did, but I stopped him.

"Can you not?" I asked, it coming out more bitchy than I had intended.

"Wh-what?" He questioned, taken aback by my sudden rudeness. He pulled his arm away from me to fix his hair, not that there was anything wrong with it. It was just a nervous habit of his. Cute, really.

"Just stop," I paused. "Stop looking at me like I'm the prettiest thing in the room; like I'm the prettiest thing you've ever seen. ... Just stop." My eyes filled with tears, causing me to look in the opposite direction.

"But, Gracie," he said, using two fingers to turn my head to face him. He used the same two fingers to brush my hair out of my face and poke my nose. "You are so fucking beautiful."

"No-" I interjected.

"Yes," he insisted. "You are. And I love you. So. Much. You're perfect in every damn way. You know that?"

I bowed my head down, not wanting to look him in the eyes. He leaned down awkwardly to make eye contact, his piercing green eyes staring into my clear blue ones.

"That's another thing I like," he said. "Your eyes. They're really pretty. And your hair is always somehow perfect and you make lazy look cute and your laugh is contagious and-"

I cut off his rambling with a careful kiss to his lips.

"Stop," I whispered after pulling away. "But thank you."

His arm found its away back to my shoulder once more, bringing me closer to him.

"Glad we took the bus now?" Kendall asked, a slight cockiness in his tone.

"Very."