Hunting Hunter [Boy x Man] (Chapter 18; Part 1)

Chapter Eighteen

"You have to let me go with you." 

"No way. We can't risk you getting in the way."

"I can't just leave him like that!"

"And we can't just be baby sitting you!"

"You won't! I'll be able to take care of myself!"

"Have you ever even handled a gun before?!"

There was no response to that question, and so the girl spoke again.

"Exactly! If you can't even defend yourself, let alone know how to aim and shoot to help us out, then why the hell would we let you go with us!?"

"Because I need to know he'll be all right!" 

"LISTEN!"

The blonde turned on her heel, her eyes wide and fists clenched in anger. Whether it was actually directed to Kyle, or she was pissed off her brother was being abused while only miles away. Whichever it was, Kyle knew that at a time like this he couldn't be taking it personally.

"I need you here. Why? Because as much as I know you want to go save your boyfriend, this is the real world. It's not going to be a video game where if you get shot five times you respawn. This isn't a movie where you get stabbed a million times, but you're somehow able to come back at the very end and make everything all right. This isn't a comic book, and you're not going to BE the superhero, or get SAVED by the superhero.

"This is the fucking real world. And part of being in this world, is having a reality check. Part of that reality means you could go in there, but there's not even a one percent chance you are coming out of there. Especially with the no experience you have. If we somehow manage to get Ethan out of there alive, how the hell do you think he's going to feel, if you end up dying trying to save him? 

"Hell, even with my own experience, I'M not even sure if I'M going to be coming out alive! And even though Sammi has more experience than you, he's also rather new at something like this, so I'm already going to have to be keeping an eye on him! And I refuse, I absolutely fucking refuse, to have to watch two people, if one of them is going and has NO experience. 

"In the end, you're only going to slow us down. And I'm sorry, but if you get shot, I'm not looking back. I WILL leave you for dead, whether Ethan actually gives a fuck about you or not. Yeah, it'll be hard to look him in the eye and tell him you're dead, but I know he'll get over it.

"You wouldn't be the first lover he's had who's died, pretty boy."

With her speech done now, Shakira turned on her heel again, and stormed off in the other direction.  Her entire body language showed she was pissed off, and Kyle couldn't help but glare after her.... Mostly because when it came down to it, she was right. He would only slow them down and if they had a better chance of getting Ethan without them, then so be it... He would stay here. 

The entire time, Sammi had kept quiet beside them, watching Kyle's reaction. He smiled sheepishly now, and gently bumped Kyle with the butt of his gun to get the older man's attention.

"Don't take it too personally... And actually, she's given me the same speech before, on a number of accounts... I'm pretty sure the only reason why she stopped was because Ethan had actually dragged me along to one of these things before..." Sammi said, considering it a moment.

"'One of these things'?" Kyle asked, raising an eye brow as he finally turned to look at the other man.

"Well... Not the EXACT same situation... Buuut... Well, I'll save that story for another time, since it'll take a lot of explaining, and Shakira will really be pissed off if I keep her waiting." Sammi chuckled slightly, as if the idea of Shakira screaming at him amused him. He turned his attention to the smaller black haired boy, and perked a brow. "Do you have your gun?"