Chapter 25

Clayton's POV

I open my black curtains in my office; I'm surprised as I see it is now light out. I guess I was up all night trying to sort out what is going on and I was outside Rose's room most the night to make sure she is not harmed.

I walk out of my office and head to the kitchen to make some breakfast while I am starving.

Once I get eggs frying in a pan I smell roses and candy. I smile and turn around to see Rose walking towards me.

"Hello there!" She says smiling and sitting herself down on the counter top.

"Hey."

"Where you up all night or something? Geez, you look horrible."

I give her a tired smile, "Thanks." I say chuckling slightly as her cheeks turned red. "No, I didn't mean you look horrible horrible, you look hot-" Her soft cheeks then turn even darker red. "I mean, uh." Her eyes turn to the floor and I lean over and kiss her red cheek.

I then grab two plates and put a couple of eggs on each one. I hand Rose a plate, "But seriously Clay, did you sleep at all last night?"

I shake my head and take a bite of an egg, "Nope." I say after swallowing.

She tilts her head to the side slightly, "How come?"

"I was working on some Alpha stuff." I say. I don't want to tell her what is going on since I don't even know for sure.

"Oh." she says. She takes a bite of the breakfast I made for me, but shared with her because, who wouldn't give someone like her everything in the world?

"Mmmmm, you make yummy eggs!" She says as she devours everything on her plate.

I chuckle, "It's just eggs darling, they all taste the same."

She shakes her head no, "These are seriously the best! No joke!" She jumps off the counter and walks over to me. She smiles at me and I forget everything for a second, next thing I know she has my plate and ate everything on it.

I glare at her playfully, "Stealing my food? Not cool."

She shrugs, "It's good! Sorry! You shoulda made more."

I shake my head as I can't help but smile - she can take anything from me, she could rip my heart out and I'd still admire everything about her.

Rose raises her eyebrows, "Why are you staring at me?"

I chuckle, "Sorry, can't help it." I say as I watch her put the dishes in the sink.

"It's weird, so stop." she laughs. I laugh and Alexa walks into the kitchen.

"Hey Hippo!" Alexa says smirking at Rose.

hippo?

Rose rolls her eyes, "Hey kangaroo."

Do these two have a secret animal code thing that they communicate with? Or are they calling each other names like kids in elementary do? If they are, Rose looks nothing like a hippo. She's too beautiful.

My thoughts are interuppted by my best Tracker Elliott,

'Alpha, we got a lead on the rogue that attacked Rosalind. He traveled towards the LycanRiver Pack.'He mind-links.

'Did he travel through or around them?' I mind-link back while I watch Rose laugh with Alexa.

'Through.'

I then kiss Rose's cheek quickly before walking out of the kitchen back to my office. I need to talk to Blake.

When I'm in my office I close the door and grab my phone. I dial Blake's pack number and wait for him to answer.