Chapter 5

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 5

~August 17th~
~Saturday~
~Chanelle P.O.V.~

After spending time at the beach, Lexis drove me home. This was by far the best night of my life and I couldn't believe I officially had a Thug for a boyfriend. I never really saw myself ever with someone like Lexis. After Jay joined the Gang my mother made it even clearer not to associate with gang members but Lexis was just... I can't even explain with words.

"Mom, I'm home!" I yelled as I walked through the door. "Mom?!" I continued to yell till I got to the kitchen where I saw a sticky note sitting on the home phone dock.

Chanelle,

Grandma had an emergency and I had to take the next available flight to Florida. Jay already knows and his flight got pushed back so he won't be back for a few more weeks. I will call you first thing in the morning.

-Mom

I hope everything turns out okay. I picked up the note and crumpled it before throwing it away. Well I guess I had the house to myself for the next couple of weeks. Most parents probably wouldn't leave their 16 year olds at home by themselves but my Mom knew I wouldn't do anything out of line if I was alone. Since I'm alone, I might as well have Riley over to hang out for a little while.

8-17-13 -8:25 p.m. -Me: I think you should get your ass over here? (:
8-17-13 -8:26 p.m. -Riley: My ass should be over there... you should come get me though... :P
8-17-13 ­-8:27 p.m. -Me: Lazy ass.. I'll be there in 10
8-17-13 -8:28 p.m. -Riley: The laziest <3 but okay, see you then

I laughed to myself after I looked over the short conversation. Riley never really liked to drive unless she absolutely had to drive. I had no problem with it but I always found that to be kinda funny. I grabbed my keys off the usual key hook that hung over the cookie jar on the counter. I walked out the door, locking it of course, then hopped right in my car. As the car was warming up I decided to turn on the music. None other than "No bullshit" by Chris Brown came on and that was my slow jam right there.

Within a few minutes I pulled up to Riley's house and honked my horn. She came running out of the house with a small duffle bag with her stuff in it. She quickly hopped in my car and buckled her seatbelt.

"It's about time we hung out!" She basically screamed right into my ear. Riley and I have always been loud around each other so naturally I laughed.

"I know huh? I have so much to tell you!" I yelled just as loud as her. I turned around in my seat as I backed out of Riley's drive way.

"Well then shit, tell me now!"

"Nah you can wait till we get home."

The car ride was silent because Riley was mugging me the entire way since I didn't tell her my news. In a sense I kinda hope her face gets stuck like that so she'd learn a lesson.

"Alright spill it." She said as she laid down on the couch.

"Okay well; First of all, I have a boyfriend." Just saying that one sentence gives me the slight butterfly feeling in my stomach.

"Oh damn really? Who?"

"None other than that guy Lexis I've been telling you about." I felt a smile forced on my face along with the burning sensation in my cheeks.

"Aww, Nelle that is adorable." She sat up and reached across the couch to give me a hug.

"It is adorable since I'm me and he's a Thug, but I hope him and his friends all go to our school." I still hadn't asked Lexis what school he went to, that's if he even went to school. I've heard a lot of Gang members just drop out after Middle School and are left to the streets.