News

(Hello, just a quick authors note. In this story, I have a certain view of the 'reader' to fit a punk look, so the look will be slightly tweaked. I hope this isn't an issue.)

[Edited October 19, 2019]

-3rd person POV-

(Y/n) sighed as she brushed her light blue hair. Her parents were against it from the beginning- the ombré look. But something about the blue fading into a pink fascinated her, so she had it done behind their backs.
It's not like she lived with them anyway.
As a 23 year old woman, (y/n) knew she would be able to make her own decisions, despite her parents constant pleas.
Like her nose ring was her very first 'rebellious' step into adulthood.
Or so they say.
(Y/n) tapped her foot against the linoleum floor of the tattoo parlor floor as she waited for her next customer.
She loved her job.
The people who didn't deal with pain weren't very fun to deal with, but she overall enjoyed the ideas people came in with.
She pulled on a heavy jacket, turning the lights off and closing the door behind her. She waved goodbye to her partner, Jean, before stepping into the frigid Washington air.
She sighed, her breath coming out in little white clouds as she walked to her car and unlocked it. It wasn't anything fancy, a simple 2002 Toyota that still worked. The dusky black paint practically begged her for a wash as she unlocked the door and got in, her (h/l) hair in a braid. Before she got to starting the engine, her phone started blaring 'another way out' by Hollywood Undead. She used to like the song, until it became her mother's ringtone. She sighed, pulling her cellphone out of her pocket and (regretfully) answering it. "Hello?" She sighed out the simple word, starting the car and turning the radio down.
"(Y/n)? Are you just now leaving work?" Her mother's soft voice questioned from the other side, sounding slightly scared, nervous, and guilty.
Not a good combination.
"Yeah. What's wrong? D'someone die?" (Y/n) questioned, backing out of her parking spot and wishing she hadn't answered. "Oh no no! Nothing so morbid!" Her mother breathed on the other end, most likely clutching her chest. "No no no. Nothing of the sort. But, I have news for you (y/n)." She said, her voice quivering with anxiety. Why is she so nervous? (Y/n) thought, turning onto the almost deserted road. She popped a piece of gum into her mouth, popping a bubble after a long pause. "Aight, what is it?" (Y/n) questioned with irritation lacing her voice.
"Goodness me. Well, your father and I have decided we want you to grow up a little, and so.." She took a shaky breath and paused, before continuing hurriedly.
"You are to marry Levi Ackerman, the adopted son of Hanji."
Her mouth dropped open, her foot slamming on the breaks as a hissing breath escaped her mouth. "WHAT?" She practically screamed, her stomach clenching like she was going to vomit. "P-please (y/n), we want you to be happy." She said, before abruptly hanging up.
(Y/n) cursed under her breath, clenching her fists tight around the steering wheel as she began to drive quickly to her apartment.
"How could they?" She hissed, the engine roaring as she flew down the road and probably broke some laws. But she didn't care.
Her tires screeched as she pulled into a parking lot, slamming the door as she angrily pulled her jacket off.
She felt like a furnace.
'Probably the adrenaline.' A small part of her brain echoed as she marched up the stairs to the 2nd level. She swiftly took her keys out of her back pocket, unlocking the door and walking inside with her fists clenched. "Damn rich family!" She yelled, slamming the door and surely scaring the newlyweds nextdoor.
She'd apologize later.
(Y/n) flipped the light on, her apartment clean and still new-looking despite being almost five years old.  (Y/n) sighed, getting a bottle of beer out of her fridge and sighing as she recalled her bartending shift. "Dammit... So much for a day off tomorrow." She grumbled as she popped the top off of the cold bottle and took a long drink. She rarely drank, only when she was stressed did she ever decide to, and she normally got too drunk to function when she did.
This was the first time she drank since she was called a 'alcoholic' by her therapist.
She easily drained the bottle, holding her hands against her forehead as she sat on the floor.
"Why an arranged marriage?" (Y/n) whispered, her thoughts racing and jumbling in her brain as she tried to make sense of the sudden news.
She never wanted to get married- the commitment always scared her.
She groaned, throwing the bottle in the trash and deciding on a warm shower.

{reader's POV} 

The alarmed blared, causing you to groan and slap the snooze button the hard the entire table shook. You climb out of bed, the dark circles under you eyes showing your lack of sleep since the news. You groan, getting up and getting dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a white tshirt as you glare at the red numbers on the alarm clock that read- 8:30 am.

Why so early?
Easy.
Your mom decided to curse you with a 'meeting' with the Ackermans. You were about to brush your teeth when you froze, a evil idea slithering into your mind. You rip your clothes off, sliding on a sleeveless button down black shirt and a leather skirt, tucking in the shirt as you search for shoes. "Aha!" You say under your breath as you hold up a pair of ankle boots, knowing your parents hate your 'all black' looks. The simple chain with an eye rested against your collar bone, your grin growing wider as you clamour around your house, completing your makeup and twisting your hair into a braid that rested on top of your head.
"Surprise, mother." You said angrily under your breath as you go down the stairs, your car keys readied in your hand. 

You erupted from the apartment, the hinges groaning as you hurriedly closed the door and locked it behind you. Your footsteps sounded off like thunder as you flew down the stairs, irritation seeping into every pore. Erupting from the staircase, you passed the neighborhood cat, Charlie, who gave a frightened hiss at the heavy clunking noise your boots made against the pavement. You'd apologize later- right now, you needed to get to your car. Its not like you actually wanted to go, but passing the opportunity to embarrass your parents was something you just couldn't do. Fishing your keys out of your purse, you climb into your poor old car, patting the weathered leather on the steering wheel with a sigh. 

Tt was time to open the circus.

The song 'bitch' by D12 played louder than needed as you drive into the parking lot, knowing they'd meet you outside. The tires emit a shrill screech as you turn into a parking lot, your parents looks of horror worsening as you get out of the car, your sunglasses hiding your eyes as the black lip rig glinted in the sunlight. A tall woman with brown hair however, grins at the sight of you while a raven haired man glares at the sight. Interesting. You think, looking the brown haired woman over. As you walked up, standing next to your mother whose face is white like she saw a ghost, the woman holds her hand out.
"You must be (y/n)! I'm Hanji Zoe, Levi's adoptive mother." She said, her voice kind and excited.
The corners of your mouth twitch up slightly as you hold your hand out as well, shaking hers. She definitely didn't look old enough to be his mother, but you decided to not press the subject.
"(F/n) (l/n)." You respond, her smile widening at your name.
"Excellent!" She cried, clapping her hands over yours as the man next to her 'tched'.
Your father awkwardly cleared his throat as he regained his composure. "Why don't we go inside and take a seat?" He asked, his usual business-like tone echoing over your ears, making you frown. Without a word, you turn and go inside, not wanting to speak to your controlling parents.
You were all quickly seated, your father plastering a fake smile on his face and looking at Hanji.
It was all just a business deal to him.
You couldn't hide your look of disgust as you took your sunglasses off, setting them on the table and looking at the raven haired man.
His sharp glare pierced through you, his bangs barely hanging in his sharp grey eyes. He sat up straight, his jacket hanging off of the back of the chair, and his white shirt comfortably hugging his toned body.
Sure, he was attractive.
But still, this was your life that was on the line, and you were determined to keep it free and single. You smirk at his expression and turn to Hanji, who seemed to be having a grand time with the bread as your father speaks, most likely being ignored by the woman. "When will the wedding take place?" Your mother asked, interrupting your father's monotonous and obviously fake voice.
"Next Monday!" The woman cheered, your jaw dropping open as you stated at her.
Your mother nods, obviously pleased as you feel your soul slowly shrivel up and die. "But it's Thursday." You say slowly, watching Hanji take a bite of bread and humming in satisfaction. "Exactly! The sooner the better!"
No no no... Please tell me this is a joke. You thought desperately, a headache coming on.
"I need something to drink.." You mumble, so low that nobody can hear.
"Well this was fun, but I'm going to go. Duty calls, since not all of us are in the one percent." You hiss, narrowing your eyes at Levi. "Have a nice day." The venom soaked words leave your mouth as you turn on your heel and leave, a sour taste in your mouth.