Chapter 41: Snow Wishes

Nialls POV:

I watched as Scarlet fell alseep on me on the plane. But I couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about my tour, her tour, us. What if she finds someone else and falls in love with him. What if she forgets about me. I can't imagine being separated for 3 months, from the girl who keeps me going everyday, the one who's smile can make my day 100 times better, the one I am absolutely and 100% in love with. I think she was more hurt than me though. I could see the pain in her face, even when she was asleep. She was so fragile, many things hurt her, and I didnt want to be one of them. But this isn't forever, maybe a little break will be healthy. I hope.

I watched Scarlet, breathe, and twitch occasionally when she was dreaming about something. She woke up several hours later, and I smiled. I directed her head toward the window.

"Look" I told her as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Its beautiful" She said, turning her neck my way and I kissed her temple. 

We landed 30 minutes later, and stood up.

Scarlet laughed.

"Whats so funny?" I questioned

"My legs are just like super jelly!" She giggled.

Sometimes I didnt understand what went through her head.

We walked off the plane and down a special flight of stairs down to a car, so no one would see us.

Scarlet stepped outside first. It was freezing. It wasn't normally this cold. Scarlet breathed out warm air from her breath and laughed when she saw her breath in the air. Scarlet then shivered and gritted her teeth. I wrapped my jackets around her shoulders as she slowly got her way into a cab.

"Its normally not this cold. But its December, so I guess theres a reason for this weather." I said to her. 

She laid her head on me and put her hands under her legs.

"Its a coldfront, we've been getting many of them lately. I'm guessing you're not from here" The driver said and Scarlet let out a laugh under her breath. 

"I was born here, lived here all my life." I said to him.

"Im guessing you don't know who he is?" Scarlet said and looked at the back if his head.

The driver looked at me. He shook his head.

"Nope" He said to me. Scarlet smiled and laughed.

"Niall Horan" She said.

"Have I met you before or something?" He said.

"One Direction?" Scarlet rolled her eyes.

"Nope" The driver said, popping the p

"Oh never mind" Scarlet said, putting her head on the window and watching as we past many places.

She looked glum. I rubbed her leg and she took a deep breath. I knew she was thinking about us.

"Its okay Scar. Its gonna be okay" I whispered. 

She grabbed my hand and played with my fingers.

"I don't want to go. I don't want you to go" She tried saying, but started crying. 

"Scarlet, I'll always be right here" I placed my hand on her heart.

She was tired, sad, and stressed. I didnt talk to her for the rest of the ride. It starting snowing and she tapped me. 

"Its snowing" She said.

"Snow means luck. If you witness the first fall of snow, you are lucky. Make a wish and it'll come true" The driver said.

Scarlet looked at me and smiled. 

My wish was for Scarlet to be successful with whatever is thrown at her the next 3 months. I wished for Scarlet, not a wish for me.

I think I knew what her wish was; for me to always be right there with her, no matter where I was. I watched as she closed her eyes and made a wish.

Scarlets POV:

I wished for Niall to be with me. To be with me these next months, to be with me through my hard time, when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I need a friend. I wonder what his was?

We were silent until we arrived.